X

close calls from cages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pittnasty View Post
    not trying to push religion on anyone, but this is something i try to remember to say everytime before i ride. Have had my share of close calls, most recently got cut off and the guy slammed on his brakes, damn near ended up in his trunk.

Bikers Prayer

May the sun rise in front of me, the rain fall behind me and the wind follow me.
    May the Angels guard my travels for they know what is ahead of me.
    Keep me safe through rolling hills and swirling turns.
    Let the eagle guide me to the mountain tops.
    Let the moons light guide me through the night.
    Lord, thank you for letting me be a biker.
    I like it!
    I was on the same srtetch Boomer was talking about today getting back from the Cape Breton adventure,and it gets pretty "busy" . I just pray a prayer to someone who has been with me so far...... and I don't care what other cultures pray to...... it's probably the same person.
    So as not to threadjack," cagers" are people that we share the road with when we push that start button and we head out. Avoiding personal injury is never-ending as a rider. "Above ground" takes effort..... regardless what that effort may be.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Valentino Rossi prays to his bike before every race, sometimes I pray before going up my favorite canyon roads like glendora and mullholand... I don't get as low as the doctor, but when I'm scraping pegs I sometimes feel like a pro jk.

Comment

A set of ball bearings comes in handy for situations like that if they are going to get that close then throw a set of ball bearings down behind you / over shoulder and the guy will defiantly slow down

Comment

Pennies work and are cheaper.
          "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

I really hate it when I changing to the left (passing) lane and the car in front of me darts over into the lane; usually without using a turn signal. It happens whether I'm in my car or on my bike.

Or when I'm already in the passing lane cruising along with no cars in front or behind me and just as I am about to roll past a car, the person darts over into the left lane right in front of me. Like, the person couldn't change lanes a 1/4 mi ago or just wait another second for me to pass before moving over.

Ugh...
            Extra life.

Comment

Working...
            X