X

reiped of

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reiped of

im geting reiped of evry time i go to the bike shops to get bike parts or the cost of bikes in new zealand in the us its a lot cheper it seems that evry where is cheper thats proberly y all the bike shop owrners own sports cars in nz wish i ownd a bike shop in nz ?

Originally posted by jono68 View Post
    im geting reiped of evry time i go to the bike shops to get bike parts or the cost of bikes in new zealand in the us its a lot cheper it seems that evry where is cheper thats proberly y all the bike shop owrners own sports cars in nz wish i ownd a bike shop in nz ?
    I didn't understand a word of this. Sorry.

Comment

I realize English may not be your first language, but you REALLY, REALLY need to learn how to spell. Jebus.

Comment

I'm drunk as ****.... I understood it all.

I don't know what the issue is with Australia and NZ.... are your import taxes really high or something? In Brasil stuff is crazy expensive because they have a 100% import tax. In the US we have the benefit of having very low taxes on imported stuff. Bad for manufacturers here, but good for consumers.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

We have a huge variety of names for taxes - I think the government thinks we're all so stupid that if it's called something else we won't realise it's actually just a tax. And also one of the world's most complicated taxation systems.

Pay as you earn tax
          Import Duty (a big one aimed at protecting Aussie jobs and industry)
          Luxury Tax (which seems to apply to a lot of everyday items!)
          Stamp duty (around $15 000 to the government just for transferring the title on an average house!)
          Excise Tax
          Rates
          Registration
          Tolls
          Goods and Services Tax - 10% (GST / VAT)
          Fringe Benefits Tax
          Investment Return Tax
          Interest Tax
          and a "carbon tax" to come
          ... just to name a few!

Also, we are relatively small in terms of population - 22 million people in something about the size of the US. It means tax per capita is quite high. And not as much stuff is imported here as it is in the US for eg.

Lots of middle men in most chains from producer to consumer. (A tyre dealer claimed he couldn't match the cost of tyres I get delivered from the US because his network locks him into certain suppliers. It just doesn't follow that I can pay for a single item to travel and be handled from Asia to the US and to Australia for about 70% of what a dealer could source and sell the same item in bulk.???)

But the really great part is when they add several taxes to the single item, so you end up paying tax on tax on tax.

Comment

If it makes you feel better the US is headed the same direction. Our current elected officials seem to think we need to have the government doing everything for everyone. That costs money of course but that's OK. They don't mind. They can afford it.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

They can afford it because they won't pay. We will.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

The US is screwed because we went to war with the wrong country. That was from the last adminstration a bunch off dummies.

Comment

the difference between the last set of dummies and the ones now is they didnt spend billions of dollors in one minute on a health care bill the majority of people didn't want.
                  "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                  1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Like here in Canada. Just a question of how far one needs to bend over.......
                    Pretty well all of us on this forum, regardless of country we live in, gets taxed quiet heavily with one form of tax or the other.
                    There has to be a tip over point in the future, though. The tax payers can only absorb so much and there comes a time when the pot boils over.
                    We have seen "boil over" in several societies in the the past few years. Good recent examples have been Egypt, Lybia and a couple others in the area.
                    Understood that the reason for "boil over" in those countries wasn't due to excessive taxes, but we all get the general picture. When the masses get ****ed chit happens eventually.
                    Then again, on the other hand, look at what's happening in Greece where the tax system is rather chaotic........maybe even non-existent at times.
                    Politicians seem to think the populace is just an endless money pit.
                    Sorry folks, just venting.

Comment

I think your spelling is off, but the message is clear. I've been translating teenager writing for 30 yeeers naw aN am sumwht ofa pr0w.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Nah they just spent billions of dollars a month for 2 wars. 1 of which was unnecessary. But I do agree that both administrations are dummies.

Comment

Originally posted by jetta90 View Post
                          Like here in Canada. Just a question of how far one needs to bend over.......
                          Pretty well all of us on this forum, regardless of country we live in, gets taxed quiet heavily with one form of tax or the other.
                          There has to be a tip over point in the future, though. The tax payers can only absorb so much and there comes a time when the pot boils over.
                          We have seen "boil over" in several societies in the the past few years. Good recent examples have been Egypt, Lybia and a couple others in the area.
                          Understood that the reason for "boil over" in those countries wasn't due to excessive taxes, but we all get the general picture. When the masses get ****ed chit happens eventually.
                          Then again, on the other hand, look at what's happening in Greece where the tax system is rather chaotic........maybe even non-existent at times.
                          Politicians seem to think the populace is just an endless money pit.
                          Sorry folks, just venting.
                          Just another good reason why I'm headed off to live in the mountains in a couple of seasons just to forget about political whatever and social whatever and just live off my wits and my compound bow...and some other stuff too, ha. (stuff like a good retirement check, microwave, new appliances, more guitars than any one man needs, you know, self-imposed exile sort of)

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by 93 kat View Post
                            Nah they just spent billions of dollars a month for 2 wars. 1 of which was unnecessary. But I do agree that both administrations are dummies.
                            agreed
                            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                            X