X

im lookin for a good deal on some tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im lookin for a good deal on some tires

hey everyone i have a 901 gsx 750 f and wanted to ask if any knows a repitable place to get a rear tire. if i have t o buy a set, so be it better for all of us. please let me know i live in the houston area and knowone will touch my bike cause its older than 10 years. all help will be appreciated.

Try Motorcycle Superstore. I got my latest set from them and they did really well by me. I mount and balance my own but if you're not up to that you might want to try taking the wheel and tire over to Tires-4-less. They've done really well by me in the past with trailer tires, especially when I slide straight over to the guys in the bay and talk to them like people.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

As to a place to get the tires mounted, you might try the regional forums, or you might just try letting your fingers do the walking. Call and ask prices for mount and balance for tires bought there as well as customer supplied tires. Ask as to on or off the bike depending on what you are comfortable with. Many shops will want ridiculous money to mount tires not bought from them, but then again, they will want ridiculous money for the rubber itself.

If you decide that you want to order the tires, then check the rolling stock forum, as there are several threads in there as to the best place to order. There are also huge number of threads in that forum covering tire sizes and recommendations.

If you want to try mounting them yourself, the job isn't too hard. A couple 2x4s will break the bead, a couple tire levers and either some rim protectors or some cut up scraps of oil bottles will protect the rims. You can do a static balance with a couple jack stands and the axle.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
      X