X

Back to the drawing board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddy View Post
    I'm glad you are ok...but in all seriousness, if you had room to 'lay her down', you had room to stop....unless your brakes are utter crap. Not trying to be a prick, but as you suggestedit may indeed be time for a refresher course through MSF. I know all about the situation, I've been rear-ended at a stoplight and the Trooper that watched it advised me before I realized he was there that tossing my helmet wouldn't work in my favor....
    ^^^ This ^^^^

Motorcycles stop significantly faster on their tires than they do on their side.

A sport motorcycle can stop dead from 60mph in 120-140ft.

In this picture, the closest part of the overpass is 120ft away:

Not every accident is avoidable, but a lot of them are........ either by being more aware while riding, or by taking the correct action to avoid the accident once you've noticed the problem.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

So.. theme from the past few threads I've viewed? Don't post your wrecks on here unless you want a full list of "what you should have done."
      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
        So.. theme from the past few threads I've viewed? Don't post your wrecks on here unless you want a full list of "what you should have done."
        Not true. If you post about your wreck, and you have a bunch of videos showing you making bad lines and crossing the center, and a very well known photographer happened to take your picture WAY across the center line, then you will get a bunch of s**t about it.

In this case, though, there was a "red flag" statement. Almost anytime that somebody says "I had to lay it down", it's a big red flag. The only exception is maybe if a semi pulled out in front of them (a fast semi truck) and they were trying to slide under the trailer.

Now, similar statements, but without the implied necessity, are better received..... such as "I panicked and locked up the front wheel". You see, that one clearly states that it was the wrong thing to do, but they did it anyway out of panic.

The other reason that this statement gets a lot of s**t thrown at it is because "laying it down" isn't such a simple process. Saying "I laid it down" implies that you did so in a controlled and planned way. More often, the "laying down" is more the result of a knee-jerk reaction, grabbing a handful of brake.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post

not necessarily. I've crashed and posted about it, and gotten my fair rash of **** about it. I posted because I wanted advice on what to do the next time should the situation arise again. I learn from my mistakes, not deny I made them and get all defensive trying to deny I made them(not saying the OP here did, btw). I certainly wasn't bragging about them either. When I make a suggestion in a crash thread, it's to benefit the rider, and those around him. I can't control how he/she perceives my suggestions. I most certainly don't want to make the person involved feel any worse than they already do, I just want to help them figure it out, like others have helped me, so we don't make those mistakes again.

If it comes across offensive, I thoroughly apologize. There is only one instance on this site, in the 5+ years I've been involved here, that I really got on someone about an instance involving something that happened while on their bike, and that was only because I was also directly involved and nearly became a victim of their poor judgement. If that person still came around the site, I would apologize to him for how many of us treated him in the aftermath of said incident, because I know I for one should have waited until I was more calm about what happened instead of posting out of sheer anger towards him. Live and learn, brother, live and learn.
          Last edited by teddy; 07-23-2011, 09:46 AM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Mean while, back at the ranch, joannie's ****** chachi.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So, did you "lay" any paint on her yet??? Lets see the pics...
              "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

I thought a custom paint job would be nice, sent it out. Turned out like crap, imao miami vice kinda thing, too many colors applied to black. Had them paint just the base coat on the body pieces only. Not black any more. Looks cool too hard to keep clean and way to hot to ride when temps hit over 100.
                started my own custom paint job. Tank, under fairing and accents a one off color, actually 3 colors applied in steps. so far i like it. will post pics this weekend should be finished. I only have 1 functional accent feature to paint.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

I haven't decided to paint the front fender body color or accent color yet..... maybe i'll paint one side body and the other side accent to see. Alot of work for the accent just to sand it back off.....
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Well here is the base color sceme. Can't upload pics.
                    I need input on fender and wheel color. might just leave the wheels black as a contrast.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                    X