X

Back to the drawing board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the drawing board

Took the bike out for a little tour this afternoon since the weather wasn't 110.
    When a geezer pulled out from a foofoo country club without even stopping to check traffic. I had to lay her down like indiana jones. tore the hell out of the fairing ,pegs ,mirror ,shift lever, signals,.ect.....

After chucking my helmet trough his rear passenger window, the police felt it right to let me cool off in the cooler....lol. They let me out after i agreed to replace the window, sure i will officer......not.

As for me, I'm ok. a little scratched on arm. tore up my new jacket, new helmet and my boots ,but my carharts made it unscathed.

Shouldn't be to hard to repair, I have plenty of left over repacement parts.

Any recommendations on new color, was new shiny black. tooooo hot at 110 deg.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

You could always go safety vest orange although everyone knows red adds 10 HP. I saw a survey once that yellow vehicles are the least likely to be in an accident. Kinda looks girly, though...

Glad to hear you're OK but next time keep riding the bike. You don't gain anything by "laying it down". All you're doing is giving up at that point. Add to that the legal aspect of turning it into a single vehicle accident and you can't even prove failure to yield. Look for the escape and keep staring at your way past the bozo. The bike will follow.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

+1
      sigpic

RIP CP
      50th Anniv R6
      95 Katana 600
      http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

4 lane road with center divider, full traffic ,50 mph. If he had just kept going all would have been fine. He freeked and stopped halfway into his turn blocking the entire lane.... quick thought through my head.... superman flight ,take it from another vehicle or lay it down. I even thought about the sidewalk ,but the car behind him pulled forward blocking it... Sure glad there were plenty of witnesses
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Just guessing here but there was probably a good chance of going around the front of the guy. Folks to your left will tend to leave you a couple of feet that you can squeeze through.

Had to pull something like that about a month and a half ago. I'm in the left lane coming up to an intersection behind another car. Light turns green and a stupid woman pulls through an intersection into oncoming traffic. Median to (my) left of her, car in front of me and cars to the right. Rear wheel locked up on me when I hit a greasy spot so I split the space between her and the car in front of me. Managed to get through but I did need some clean shorts!

None of that helps you now of course. Just looking forward to your next Oh **** moment and how to make it a close call instead of something worse.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thats a possible solution, at the time. I took the best recourse that came to mind. I really didn't have that much space to work with. I drive alot around this area so i know that these people here drive like crap. I probably had that running in my mind also.
            These drivers hit pedestrians on a daily bases. I would rather crack my bike up than take someone else out or my self.

orange...hummmm yellow.....hummmm maybe not...
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-17-2011, 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              Thats a possible solution, at the time I took the best recourse that came to mind..
              ...but it doesn't do you any good right now, does it.

...I took the best recourse that came to mind...
              Not questioning that at all. Just trying to lend you some of my (20+ years) experience so maybe the next time one of those steering wheel gnomes tries to kill you you'll have one more option in your head. Stuff happens pretty fast. My experience is that it's always better to what-if your way through a situation like that before it happens. Then when it does happen you're thinking "oh, this" instead of "so this is it, I'm going to die".

...orange...hummmm yellow.....hummmm maybe not...
              Last edited by Wild-Bill; 07-17-2011, 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

glad to here your ok.
                "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Not offended.. if there was any room to the left with out endangering anyone i would have a least tried..... i think. It's been some years since i've riden a bike, guess i'm a little rusty... needed a refesher on oh **** moments. not my first and probably not my last..
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Glad you're ok man
                    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Glad you're ok and the bike will live . Had it happen to me only I managed to squeze between the car to the left and the old bat pulling out of wally world. Got close enough to punch her hood on the way through. Couple hundred to repair the dent later and she said "sorry, I didn't even look" Guess she was lucky I wasn't an 18 wheeler hauling a$$
                      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Glad you're OK!
                        I had an OH ****! moment this morning my self. A cager in the left turn lane decided he wanted to go straight instead just about the time I was even with his rear tire. Fortunately there was no other traffic and I was able to hop lanes quick enough that I didn't trade paint with him. Then He had the nerve to yell at me when I told him he was #1!

Comment

You get parts for your bike everywhere. The main thing you are ok.
                          LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

I'm glad you are ok...but in all seriousness, if you had room to 'lay her down', you had room to stop....unless your brakes are utter crap. Not trying to be a prick, but as you suggestedit may indeed be time for a refresher course through MSF. I know all about the situation, I've been rear-ended at a stoplight and the Trooper that watched it advised me before I realized he was there that tossing my helmet wouldn't work in my favor....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

not really, bike hit his rear tire area, got a copy of the police report, He was trying to make it to the left turn lane. Which explains why he stopped in the middle of the right hand lane, Traffic in the left hand lane going 50+mph. He's not going to have me repair his car anyway....thats good..

The bike has been repaired now repainting. I will post with new color sceme. Way different from any other kat.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X