X

Tank or Tail...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank or Tail...

Whats your preference for everyday riding. Tank Bag or Tail Bag?

I know on touring, many of us use both. but for those everyday riding trips were one is sufficient, for work items, personal stuff, or just to carry your wallet n keys, etc in. whats your choice ?
    Tank
    100.00%
    Tail
    0.00%

I used to strap my backpack to my seat . Only reason I'd like a tank bag is for the map pouch , as I get lost easily .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

As I have a solo seat, I much prefer the tank bg
      Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

I have a really nice magnetic tankbag

problem is...
        Triumph tank is plastic!

Comment

i have nice saddle bags... i plan on getting a tank bag as well at some point. the saddle bags hold a lot especailly when you need to change clothes at work.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Tail bag, preferably a Luggage Locker that replaces the rear seat.

My TLR, packed for a 4 day trip to Alabama. The only thing that was in the tank bag was my rain gear. If it weren't for needing quick access to the rain gear, my tank bag would have stayed home
            I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Tank bag because it's much handier being magnetic and accessible. The tailpack is only used for long trips and is detrimental to the look especially having to take off my Braada Cowl. (I'm certain some kind of idea is churning in Jim's head as he reads this)
              Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Backpack most of the time, tank bag if I need a map. Bungie net over the back seat always, just in case.
                ~Jayson

Comment

I prefer magnetic tank bags for their sheer convenience.
                  '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddraal
                    Backpack most of the time, tank bag if I need a map. Bungie net over the back seat always, just in case.

what he said. lol i have a bungie strap (square looking bungie strap) over the back seat, and the ex was supposed to make a waterproof bag that matched the rear seat portion. it would sit under the bungie, and have a zipper at the front (facing front). make sense? that way, i could put my wallet, keys, small items in the bag, zip it up, and be held in place by the bungie.

www.vwvortex.com
                    I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                    Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

i always just use my backpack..but im hoping santa brings me a tank bag for christmas...so much more handy for wallet, keys, lunch for work etc...my backpack always flies around like crazy when im riding.

Comment

I have one of these from http://www.speed-pac.com/.

It can be used as a back pack, or a tank bag. If you use it as a back pack it doesn't fly around because of the way it's made. It's not too big but just fine for a rain suit, cell, wallet and other miscellaneous stuff. And being that it's a hard shell, it's waterproof. You can even get a hydration kit for it . A magnetic kit is available for it but I won't need it because, as Range said, the Triumph tank is plastic.

Comment

Send me your tank bag Range, me and Nurse Becky will make good use of it!!!! We can put oils and lotions in it.....
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Tank bag. Can't hide the Braada.
                            Bike is sold

Comment

I wear a back pack back and forth to work. It is an old canvas Army medic's bag (got it free). It is just big enough to carry a complete change of clothes to include my boots. I ride to work in my PT (Physical Training) uniform and then shower/change at work. Since I have to wear a reflective vest EVERYwhere I ride, I have sewn some reflective yellow stips across the lid of it. (The lid faces the rear when worn) If you wear a back pack over your vest around here, the MP's (Military Police) will pull you over real quick.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                              X