Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Reasonably priced replacement fairings--full set?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonably priced replacement fairings--full set?

Hey all!
    I'm on a Buell Lightning xb9sx right now. Beautiful bike for scooting around town & (safely) weaving traffic, etc.

I'm eyeing a local 06 Katana for sale, however, because I'd really like something sporting that I can tour on for longer distances (full day trips, etc.) My Buell is a beast but frankly I'd feel like a kite hangin' on for dear life at anything over 1/2 hour on the freeway!

Anyway the Kat I'm spying is low mileage & in great mechanical shape. It's plastics/fairings, however, are shot. Cracked, scratched beyond repair. Sad. I wish I could get into the naked-Kat look, but alas, it's not for me.

My question to you all is: Can you direct me to a reasonable wholesaler where I can pick up a full set of black replacement fairings? I'd rather not paint if possible--just looking to get 'em & bolt 'em on.

I did try to peruse the forums for a link, but if there are any I didn't see 'em.

So far these sets seem to run around the $500 range, which is Ok. Of course I'd rather get them from a known source at a lower price--& as you guys are the experts, well...I humbly ask for your assistance.

Thanks for reading & also thanks in advance for your comments/replies!

Ride on, brothers & sisters,

:bunny2

--Rave
    Last edited by Ravengage; 06-26-2011, 01:55 AM.

500 sounds about right unless you go with the chinese knock offs for around half that but thats a crap shoot on getting hem to mount up correctly and look good. keep an eye out on here for a used set someone is selling. if the price of the kat is good enough it might be worth getting and setting on till you find the right deal on fairings.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

None of the fairings are beyond repair. you could fix those with work and less than $30 invested (not counting paint, just repair).

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you must replace them, you're going to be looking a fair amount of money to get something in good condition. Last time I looked, there wasn't much in the way of chinese knockoffs for the 98+ bikes. Most time's they can be repaired, if you have the time and patience, and some skill.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
        X