X

So I dropped her :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I dropped her :(

Im a brand new rider, and unfortunately I dropped my 2000 Katana 600 in the parking lot twice while learning left hand turns. Now I've got a few maintenance problems to fix before I can ride her again.

Does anyone know where I can get these parts for cheap? Or even have the parts on hand (Im more inclined to pay for parts from people on here than random people around town)
    I need a shifter lever
    left turn signal
    throttle
    front brake lever

Welcome from Ohio...make sure you look through the classifieds. There are a couple post-Kats being parted out.

Comment

classified and ebay are your sources.

Shifter lever and useable aftermarket levers on D2MOTO.com

and may I suggest some crash protection? see my sig for review and install of Trex sliders.

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Sweet thanks

Comment

Sorry about your bike - keep your head up and good luck with the repairs.

Comment

How do you tear up a throttle and a brake level in a left hand turn. Did you high side in a parking lot?

Comment

Originally posted by freqflyer View Post
              How do you tear up a throttle and a brake level in a left hand turn. Did you high side in a parking lot?

I was wondering the same thing.....
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

**** happens, you should be able to get those parts fairly cheap.
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Yeah how'd she go down on both sides like that? Don't get me wrong I feel for ya but wow...

Comment

im guessing the classic, down on one side , too much muscle lifting it and some adrenaline oooooooops , the other side it goes
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

actually the throttle and brake lever were both preexisting conditions that I happened to notice after I took inventory of my bikes damage :/

Comment

Those T-rex sliders helped a lot when my bike rolled down a mountain lol. 30 feet down hill and all I got was a busted undercowl.

Comment

Originally posted by UG0TB4NN3D View Post
                          Those T-rex sliders helped a lot when my bike rolled down a mountain lol. 30 feet down hill and all I got was a busted undercowl.
                          OOOO that's a pretty good testimonial!

I've considered getting those and installing them on my bike cause the P.O. of my 05 dropped it going real slow down his own street....

Now she's got a bit of road rash that I need to fix up...
                          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                          - Aaron

Comment

Working...
                          X