X

Squid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squid

I was called squid today...It was by someone who knows nothing about me and for simply saying that I think the Triumph Daytona 1050 was an awesome bike.

I've been riding for 10 years. I'm definitely not a squid. The saddest part was, it was by an 18 year old who has a CBR 929. I guess I shouldn't let it bother me but I hate it when I'm called a squid.

What do you expect, you've only been riding since they were in 3rd grade...
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Time riding is not proportional to squidlyness.

Let me ask you a simple question. Does the idea of wheelies while lane splitting on a busy highway while wearing board shorts and a wife beater excite you?

If yes. You are a squid.

If no. Congratulations, you are a functioning member of the motorcycle society.
      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Say thank you, and calamari out of the way.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by D-new View Post
          I was called squid today...It was by someone who knows nothing about me and for simply saying that I think the Triumph Daytona 1050 was an awesome bike.

I've been riding for 10 years. I'm definitely not a squid. The saddest part was, it was by an 18 year old who has a CBR 929. I guess I shouldn't let it bother me but I hate it when I'm called a squid.
          Ask for their E-bay name..... I'm sure they'll post some parts soon.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Clear case of people getting used to an "insult" term but never really learn what it means... and end up embodying that very insult they want to use.

There are lots of clear examples commonly used today, some I won't go into as they are controversial in nature if your not of that specific race.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Some peoples kids...I guess that's all I can say.
              It's good to know I'm a functioning member of a motorcycle society. I'm sure he will be adding parts on E-Bay really soon. This was his second bike already. His mommy purchased it for him.

Comment

How can an 18yr old even allow squid to come out their mouth.............LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jlaing2607 View Post
                  How can an 18yr old even allow squid to come out their mouth.............LOL
                  Hi, I believe I can field this one with accuracy.

As I previously stated, age has no relation to riding behavior. I'm 18.
                  I have been riding for 14 of those years. That's longer than many people can say. Sure I have only been legally riding on the streets for 2 years but I have owned street bikes before that. I raced FLVMX for a season. I have never gotten a ticket, never crashed on streets, I do not speed, I do not do wheelies on public roads, I do not have anything to prove to anyone. I ride for the pure joy of it. I strongly believe in AGATT. And yes I have called people double my age squids, but only when deserving. However, I am not a squid.
                  "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Just to think that one condom 18 years ago could have saved you this stress.
                    Kids are kids they say things that get a reaction.They dont even know what their talking about and its not relevant to them .The Squid's probably thinking bigger cc's makes you a better rider .I watched a squid on a bmw 1200 drag his feet through a turn at a dry intersection all I could do is think "lift your feet fool you look like a squid that has too much money" .So many idoits and so few rocks to throw

LIFT YOUR DAMN FEET FOOL!!!!
                    ...i feel so much better ....lmao
                    I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Age has no impact on one's inherent squid factor. I'm 40...and I squid from time to time. No helmet, shorts...
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

Well...are you?
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

kids are kids... they will say what they want to get a rise out of you. Don't let it bother you or they win. this is only my 2nd yr riding and im no expert, but i do go out in short, sneaks and sometimes no helmet(NH - live free or die) and i know its stupid but such is life.
                          FunEMT
                          2000 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                            Time riding is not proportional to squidlyness.

Let me ask you a simple question. Does the idea of wheelies while lane splitting on a busy highway while wearing board shorts and a wife beater excite you?

If yes. You are a squid.

If no. Congratulations, you are a functioning member of the motorcycle society.
                            I like watching somebody do wheelies while lane splitting on a busy highway while wearing board shorts and a wife beater!

Does that make me a squid?
                            sigpic
                            Currant Toys...
                            '02 Suzuki GSX750F
                            '74 Yamaha MX360
                            '69 Camaro

Comment

I think what this kid really meant to say was "Excuse me sir, but I've heard the term 'squid' tossed around and I'm embarassed to admit that I don't understand its meaning."

Also, you know the rule about "the bigger the bike the smaller the... you know..."

Well, poor kid's suddenly found himself with a near-normal sized pecker (albeit artificially enhanced via slipping a rocket to his crotch) and felt falsely obligated to do something masculine.

Bet if you'd responded with "what do you mean? like I have 8 arms and shoot ink out my a**? what's a 'squid' ?" he couldn't tell you.

If all else fails, perfect time to use the be-all end-all secret weapon of insult fights. Just smile and say "Squid?!........ your mama."
                              The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

Working...
                              X