X
X

Something to see, and something to ask.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to see, and something to ask.

my 06 kat 600 started as a joke and ended up awesome. I hope you enjoy

Question: my front left fork is scratched and leaking. I need a new one. What fits? I looked on the site and found alot of options but Im looking for direct inner tube replacement. if you guys give me some helpful insight I will upload a few more pics for you to enjoy

nice bike !

Comment

Police? Why??

Is that "cool"? Or are you actually an officer?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
        Police? Why??

Is that "cool"? Or are you actually an officer?
        Really?

perculator24 that looks great! Will you not get flak for the "police" part??
        Scout is pretty active, I would trust his opinion.
        On the fork. Hmm I don't think there are any direct slider swaps. But there are some full fork swaps.

Comment

Most locations it would not be illegal as long as it's not used to actually impersonate an officer.

There are lots of other examples including Jessie Vigil's Mustang decked out in the same design to look exactly like Barricade. ( quick google search will pull of lots of pics of his.)

Well done and nice looking bike.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Bike of the year right there!

Comment

Awesome!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Always liked the Kat in Black, congrats she looks great.
                Kyle

Comment

wow that is ****ing tight, and clean

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                    Really?

perculator24 that looks great! Will you not get flak for the "police" part??
                    Scout is pretty active, I would trust his opinion.
                    On the fork. Hmm I don't think there are any direct slider swaps. But there are some full fork swaps.

Yeah...here in PA, that's illegal as f*ck. If I saw that, I'd stop him instantly, and impound the bike. With the proper articulation, at the very least Unlawful Activities would stick...if not Impersonation. To the average citizen, that looks official, and the very first time that was seen in my area, every department would be toned out for a stop and hold on the bike.

While the bike looks clean, and I do applaud your imagination...putting Police and "To punish and enslave" on your bike is a galactically stupid idea. I hope you like negative attention from LEOs.

*I* can't even put "Police" on my bike or cage, and I am a Police Officer. It falls under the vehicle code definition/regulations as to what constitutes an emergency vehicle. And POV's are -not- emergency vehicles. Only a Police Chief can run red/blue's, or have a vehicle marked with "Police", that is not a fully marked, county numbered patrol unit. In other words, a Chief can run a non patrol unit, but it has to be owned by his department, and not a private individual.
                    Last edited by Scout; 04-12-2011, 11:32 PM.
                    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                    Semper Fi

Comment

As much as I like the tranformers theme, it may be wise to lose the word police. the rest of it would be fine, least in my area. If you could be pulled over for the color scheme, then the leos here would have a field day every time they auction off old police cruisers. All they remove from the exterior are the decals and lights.
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                        As much as I like the tranformers theme, it may be wise to lose the word police. the rest of it would be fine, least in my area. If you could be pulled over for the color scheme, then the leos here would have a field day every time they auction off old police cruisers. All they remove from the exterior are the decals and lights.

My issue is not the color scheme, by itself. It is clearly marked with the word "Police", indicative that is a Police vehicle. And, I'm waiting in pins and needles to get a report from the OP saying something like "Pigs messing with me..." or "Stupid cops have nothing better to do than give me crap..."
                        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                        Semper Fi

Comment

Lol all we need is another one of those threads brother
                          1992- project katfighter
                          2005- GSXR750
                          2001- TL1000R
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                            Yeah...here in PA, that's illegal as f*ck. If I saw that, I'd stop him instantly, and impound the bike. With the proper articulation, at the very least Unlawful Activities would stick...if not Impersonation. To the average citizen, that looks official, and the very first time that was seen in my area, every department would be toned out for a stop and hold on the bike.

While the bike looks clean, and I do applaud your imagination...putting Police and "To punish and enslave" on your bike is a galactically stupid idea. I hope you like negative attention from LEOs.

I would have to respectfully disagree with your interpretation of the impersonation law. Your states law very clearly includes "intent" is needed, and just having that vehicle is not enough to meet that definition.

b) Law enforcement officer.--A person commits a felony of the third degree if by action, word or attire the person purports to be, or conveys the impression that the person is, a police officer or any other type of law enforcement officer, with intent to induce another person to submit to false official authority or to otherwise rely to his or her prejudice upon the false impression created.

I would like see what exactly you would referece for the "Unlawful Activities" approach. The vehicle in question looks to meet all PA and Federal saftey and operational requirements. Any markings are not exact or near duplicates of any actual offical office or their markings.

If it just ticks you off and you wanna be a pain about it... well, huh.

Krey

93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                              I would have to respectfully disagree with your interpretation of the impersonation law. Your states law very clearly includes "intent" is needed, and just having that vehicle is not enough to meet that definition.

[/B]

I would like see what exactly you would referece for the "Unlawful Activities" approach. The vehicle in question looks to meet all PA and Federal saftey and operational requirements. Any markings are not exact or near duplicates of any actual offical office or their markings.

If it just ticks you off and you wanna be a pain about it... well, huh.

Krey

I've never had an issue with you, Krey...so what's with this? You think you know better? C'mon up, and try your hand at articulating in court. Second, I never said safety issue. Unlawful activities relates to the alteration of OEM equipment. So I could absolutely get that across, plus Disorderly conduct.

As for impersonation, that's up to the judge, isn't it? If someone flagged him down because they were in an emergency situation, he'd be in a world of hurt. That adds time and confusion to the response time for proper authorities, doesn't it? Emergency vehicles...forgot that one, bro. It all adds up to unhappy LEOs, magistrates, judges and DAs.

Either way, I stand by my original call. If I, or another officer saw it, and couldn't stop it right away, every south, metro and central unit, plus the north units from the neighboring county, would get toned out to stop and hold. That kind of thing is taken very seriously here, because, around 6 years ago, a mechanic bought a decomssioned cruiser, and was out stopping vehicles, with just flashing high beams. It went to county court. He was found guilty of the emergency vehicle section (and his wasn't even marked with Police), put on probation, fines and lost his contract with the county, to do maintenance on police vehicles.

And exactly how close does the word Police come to reproducing the word Police?

I have no beef with ya, Krey. But seriously...I wouldnt have responded in such a fashion if I didn't think there was an issue with it.
                              Last edited by Scout; 04-13-2011, 12:03 AM.
                              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X