X

Title help open to suggestions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title help open to suggestions

Ok welll let me start off with please hold on the mean comments.... Heres the issue when i got my kat i traded a 05 cr85r well i was stupid to trust the guy to mail me the title he likes about 2 hours away from me and when i went to pick up the kat we discussed the title for it its in his name and all but the notary wasnt open when i was able to get up there to look at the kat so he agreed to just take the title to his notary and do his part and then mail the title to me so i can finish here at my notary but well go figure he does not answer his phone after a couple emails he emails back that he is very busy working 3 jobs and to have patience for him to send the title well now its a month later and nothing he wont answer his phone wont answer emails i realize there is probally nothing left i can do so i just left another email stating if he does not respond in a week i will come up there and drop the bike off and pick mine up... So i can get away with a plate registered for a 96 suzuki an old bike of mine that i still have coverage on and is registered but if i ever get stopped on my kat i dont want them to figure it out im sure that wont be good i checked ebay for a frame and title but thanks to my luck there is only frames no titles soo..... please refrain from calling me stupid i still feel that i made out on the deal but i need suggestions

1. Try sending him an e-mail or leaving a voice mail on his phone stating what day/time you'll be there to pick up the signed/notarized title.
    2. Do you know any lawyers? A lot of times a certified letter from a lawyer threatening to sue if he doesn't meet his responsibilities is all it takes to get all kinds of action. This would be even better if you do that first, specifying what day/time you'll be there to pick it up if you haven't received it in the mail.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

his cell phone does not have a voice mail box set up...I dont rlly kno any lawyers never needed one but i was thinking of looking into that or possibly just making a letter and send from the postoffice pretending to be a lawyer lol

Comment

Do you have any kind of reciept or paper work???

Comment

Ask around. Somebody you know or work with knows a lawyer. They're like cockroaches.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

do a phone number search on line and see if you can get a home number
            call that cell phone every chance you get, block your number when doing it
            when I say every chance , middle of the night when you get up for a leak , when you get out of bed in the morning , before you go to bed etc

#1 rule when dealing with titles , trust no one

when I bought my Bandit I stopped on the way home and transfered the title and payed the taxes to put it in my name that way if there was a problem I could have went back and kicked in his door and beat him down

I learnt the hard way because I bought a car , put it in storage and put money into it- body and mechanical
            A year later I went to transfer it and find out it has a $5000 lein on it
            I was able to track down the seller eventually and get it cleared
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

If the owner is now unwilling to transfer the title, you can follow this to force an involuntary title change...

Your not totally screwed, it's just gonna cost a little more $ to get the title swapped as compared to if you had recieved the title when you got the bike. Any additional info like bill of sale, or some kind of proof of the transaction would be really good to have.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

well while i was working on the bike i found a pink slip and insurance card from 1995 the pink slip was in his uncles name so i went online and did a reverse phon number search i called his uncle and he said he would get it under control i then received an email from the guy i got the bike from and he wasnt to happy he said he didnt appretiate me callin his uncle and that he would send the title when he can but havent seen it and now his uncle dont answer either

how about pics of the trade can they be used i have pics of him taking my dirtbike and help pushing the kat
                Last edited by rich18657; 04-10-2011, 09:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hang onto the pics. They're better than nothing and if you have to go to small claims court they could be used to refute any claims he makes that there was no trade. Other than that they're nice momentos.

You've got his uncle's phone number, what about his address? Give it another week and then show up at the guy's house. If he doesn't answer the door then try showing up at his uncle's house. Dress nice. (Not a suit and tie but not that old t-shirt from the Aerosmith concert in '86, either.) Speak quietly and seriously and thank the uncle for his help getting his nephew to do the right thing. The PO probably fed his uncle some sort of BS about how you're harassing him and slightly off your rocker. You want the first impression to counter that.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

yea his uncle is actually been somewhat helpful i seem to get farther when my gf calls instead of me lol im not sure if its cuz shes a girl or what but yea ill give it a week then ill take a ride and hope to get somewhere with it

Comment

Always get the paperwork sorted out first... worry about everything else later.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I REALLY wouldn't recommend impersonating a lawyer. I'm fairly sure that's illegal.

Comment

well technically im not going to im going to write up a letter and mail it i wont be impersonating i just wont use a name

Comment

I wouldn't do that. Either find a lawyer or don't but don't try anything that could be construed as you pretending to be one.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                            X