X

what do you think about this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think about this?

My friend is offering to get these headlights put in for me from this guy on craigslist. Take a look at the ad and tell me if you would do it.

My friend would stay with the guy while he did it.

Any reasons for me not to do it?

i personally think they are pretty sweet! Some may think its a waist of money, but you can see those lights from a mile away and they are usually in a unique design adding you oncoming drivers seeing you better.....visability is awesome!

DO IT!
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Do it! Looks great as long as it is legal-

Comment

Looks pretty sharp actually. I was just thinking about something like this today.

Comment

seems reasonable...interesting for sure. I love the look of those lights

I would just be weary of the quality of his work. I'm not saying that it is guaranteed to be bad, there is just no way of knowing without seeing the work that he has done. You don't want to pay the money to have him to do the work and then find out that the seal is crap and you have water in your headlights.

I would try asking him about the details of the work that he does, kind of a step by step and ask him about the specific products he uses, then research those products online to see how high quality they are.

I just think it would suck to have him potentially ruin your headlight, only to have to spend more money on a new one
          Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
          '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Originally posted by BPryz View Post
            seems reasonable...interesting for sure. I love the look of those lights

I would just be weary of the quality of his work. I'm not saying that it is guaranteed to be bad, there is just no way of knowing without seeing the work that he has done. You don't want to pay the money to have him to do the work and then find out that the seal is crap and you have water in your headlights.

I would try asking him about the details of the work that he does, kind of a step by step and ask him about the specific products he uses, then research those products online to see how high quality they are.

I just think it would suck to have him potentially ruin your headlight, only to have to spend more money on a new one

My concerns exactly. We are going to ask him for references before he does it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by prichard View Post
              My concerns exactly. We are going to ask him for references before he does it as well.
              Good! And definitely report back to us on the forum. I would tell the guy that you are a part of a big forum and you could send him a lot of business if his work is good and he gives you a discount. Obviously I would phrase it a bit more eloquently than that, but you catch my drift.

good luck!
              Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
              '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Looks cool, Id do it.

Comment

Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

Scratching the idea, he has no references, all of his previous work was in Georgia. Too sketchy for me. Thanks for the link, but any free time I get with my bike I would like to spend riding. Plus I would probably mess something up and cause myself a big headache doing it myself even if I had the free time

Comment

Looks AWESOME! Go for it, if legal!

Comment

Working...
                      X