X

First Ride 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ride 2011

Well the weather here in MI finally broke enough for me to get out this past Saturday and ride! Was still atad chilly out but I did NOT care.

Have had the bike in pieces over the winter and rushed Saturday morning to get it all back together.
    Put the final touches on the new chain/sprockets, made sure my new GSX decals were in the right spot, and put on my clear front signals.

Here's how she's looking so far.
    Looking nice!.jpg

Still am waiting on a Katana kanji to come in this week. Gonna put 'em just under the front turn signals.

Bike ran great ONCE I got her started that is...

Had been sitting in my garage (not heated, but not freezing either) for a couple months. Replaced the stock battery (from '04!) and hit the start button....NOTHING.

GREAT

Messed with the choke....nothing. Could hear the starter engaging but wasn't turning over. Wheeled it out and let it sit in the sun for a bit while I went to Harbor Freight ot get me a battery charger/tender cause I about killed my new battery trying to start it.

Got back, put the battery on my new charger for an hour and she fired right up!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

I know what ya mean, Michigan is still chilly for riding! I did about 30 minutes or so on Friday and it was windy and cool but worth it. Looks like cold wet weather for another week or so now.
    sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Every time I even think about getting the bike out of storage, it snows. Another 3 inches today

dan

Comment

I'm actually torn this time of year.....want to ride the Kat but still not done snowboarding.....
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Weather last week, especially thursday, was awesome. This week, sucks. What on earth was that snow storm on tuesday? Ugh, "Pure Michignan"

Side note, you have one of the best looking bikes ive seen on the forum, wish my paint job looked that awesome
          Last edited by Fault; 03-24-2011, 02:48 PM.
          Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Working...
          X