X

Dress Code

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress Code

A recent thread about riding to work ( http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12850 ) got me thinking. What is your work dress code?

One of the reasons that I do not ride to work is that we have a business casual dress code. So riding to work means carrying a change of clothes. Plus I often meet with customers and it seems unprofessional to show up at a meeting with sweat running down your back and your hair a mess.

How do you dress for your commute and then for work?

On the odd occasion I ride, I wear my leathers and then change at work. We have shower facilities so I don't have to be all sweaty while I sit at my laptop all day. God forbid.

A backpack and wrinkle-free Dockers are a great combination.

Comment

One of the things I like about my new job... Jeans every day.
      -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
        Jeans makes it easier, but with a riding jacket and VA heat without a shower at work things can be a little messy.

Comment

I only have a dress code on the days I have to meet with customers. Rest of the time it's up to my discretion. Today for example I'm wearing splash pants and a sweater . When we have customers come in then it's business casual.

There have been days that I have been caught off guard by unexpected pop ins (I hate those) But most of the time i'm dressed for the ocasion.

Some days I'll wear pajama pants, flip flops, and a t-shirt. Tomorrow being one of those days, where it's just gonna be me and a few toolmakers out in the shop

Comment

I work on the assembly line and usually just wear shorts and a t-shirt with sneakers.

One of the benifits of not working with the general public, I don't have to be presentable .
            Kyle

Comment

Shave your head.... No more messy hair
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have company supplied uniforms. and showers if needed.

Comment

I wear jeans, and a shirt the company gave me along with tennis shoes or my timberlands.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd

+100000 to dat!

I used to work for Transamerica (corporate) and had to wear a coat and tie to work every day for six years, even though we had no freakin' public contact with anyone (corporate communications). After that I swore I wouldn't work anywhere that made me wear a tie again.

Now I usually wear jacket, jeans, underarmor (occasionally), and boots. I keep a spare pair of athletic shoes at work under my desk.
                    sigpic

Comment

Where I work it's okay to wear jeans, but I only do that if there are no meetings. Thus, I look at my calendar each week, find the days I am clear and wear jeans and ride in. Jacket, gloves, helmet, boots (change to shoes at the office) and jeans. I am going bald so the hair thing doesn't really affect me.

Comment

Business casual at work.. I keep a pair of dress shoes at work under my desk and change when I get there usually. Wear a jacket, helmet, gloves, when riding to work. Also keep a brush and some gel so I dont have helmet head all day

Comment

blue jeans every day, i usually wear a shirt with a collar on it, tucked in with a belt. and my DC shoes.

project engineer for a construction company......a very layed back one at that.

Comment

Ball cap. If if you ever see me without a ball cap on, you're either at a wedding or funeral.

Comment

What's a "dress code" ?
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X