X

time to sell the ol girl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to sell the ol girl

a heard decsion had to be made this weekend time to sell the ol kat and buy a new ride http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=331952387

What's this mean?

"Needs to be revined which i will do, let rego lap due to my own personnal stand agianst new rego fees."

Comment

rego=registration im assuming.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Think he ws asking more about what does revined mean. Not very common for states to issue a new vin.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Of course, New Zealand isn't really in the states per se...

"Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

yes rego means registration. We have continous rego in new zealand, if don't register your bike/car within a year of it expiring you plates become dead as will as your vin. A vin is a unique identification number for your bike/car. In the last two years our rego costs have almost doubled tripled due to increased ACC costs. ACC is New Zealand's accident compensation scheme funded by road users which is a complete have and rip off scheme.I dont believe i shoud have to pay it when i have private medical insurance and when we pay acc leveys in our wages, fuel, insurnace etc it is a tax on a tax on a tax. We pay $528.75 nzd for a year it used to be under $200 two years ago. But like always the goverment wins and i eventually have to pay but in retrospective i have two years of riding with out paying the govermant a cent so i have saved some money.

Comment

Holy crap! Don't let any of our Washington politicians hear this little piece of news. A tax on a tax on a tax is just what I think a couple of those loony birds are looking for.
              It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick750f View Post
                yes rego means registration. We have continous rego in new zealand, if don't register your bike/car within a year of it expiring you plates become dead as will as your vin. A vin is a unique identification number for your bike/car. In the last two years our rego costs have almost doubled tripled due to increased ACC costs. ACC is New Zealand's accident compensation scheme funded by road users which is a complete have and rip off scheme.I dont believe i shoud have to pay it when i have private medical insurance and when we pay acc leveys in our wages, fuel, insurnace etc it is a tax on a tax on a tax. We pay $528.75 nzd for a year it used to be under $200 two years ago. But like always the goverment wins and i eventually have to pay but in retrospective i have two years of riding with out paying the govermant a cent so i have saved some money.
                we have the same thing here. $528 is cheap. a gixxer here is over $1500

as for your "protesting" by letting the reg expire....well, how did that work out for you? if it's like here, all you do is create a headache for yourself. in fact, you just end up giving them more money
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

when i revin i would have saved my self $300 dollars revining is easy as to do just take the bike to the testing station hand over the cash and new rego etc will be all done.
                  Many motorcyclists are not paying there regeristration fees as two tickets a year for no rego is $150 a year cheaper then regeristing the bike.
                  Last edited by Rick750f; 11-15-2010, 11:48 PM. Reason: add on

Comment

Working...
                  X