Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anti theft switch hidden up in fairings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mystahagy
    It has a knob that you screw in or out and connects/disconnects the battery.
    Someone makes a variant of that design that has the disconnect in the actual cable instead of at the terminal...

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by mystahagy
      I've been looking at those battery lugs that you connect the bike's lead to. It has a knob that you screw in or out and connects/disconnects the battery.
      Something like this is what I'm thinkin...

Yeah sucks that we don't have battery lugs like that, but anybody know of somethin similar? My only concern is space for it under the seat. Hmmm... what ya'll think.
      Something like this is what I had in mind in my earlier post. Again you could probably just add an off the shelf switch in line with your battery lead. Another option would be to replace the battery nut with a wing nut that you could just unscrew without any tools when you want to.

Comment

Yeah but who wants to keep setting their clock eveytime you go riding after you reconnect the battery
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
          Yeah but who wants to keep setting their clock eveytime you go riding after you reconnect the battery
          No clock...or anything like that on my old school pre98. In fact, is there anything saved such as in the CDI or whatever on the pre98's? Anything lost by repeatedly connecting/disconnecting the juice? Yeah I think I'm leaning towards a switch near the battery. At least you still need to unlock the seat to get to it.
          '01 TL1000R

Comment

I put a small toggle switch right next to where the batter goes in the kat. If you look at the battery with the seat off (of course) you can see a little ledge that is next to the battery. I put a toggle switch there for my LEDs. So i can make sure they are off when parked for an extended period of time. I am sure a starter kill switch could be mounted there as well. You can easiely reach your hand down and flip it wihtout many people noticing it.
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Working...
            X