X

dropped it today, first time ever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropped it today, first time ever...

i dropped my naked katana today. about 15mph in gravel... skidding trying to stop so i decided it was better to lay it down than stay upright while riding straight into a busy highway.... anyway i broke the ignition rotor cover on the right side.

anyone have a spare to sell before i order one off ebay tomorrow night (9/8/10)?? im going to see if the body shop next door can weld it first though. case of beer to weld it is cheaper than $25+ off ebay...

It would help to know what year/size bike you ride. I would buy one on ebay or the forum personally before I would weld up the broken on. $25 is cheap for peace of mind.

Comment

Don't have any leads on parts for you, but I'm 6 weeks into nursing a broken thumb from hitting gravel just off the Dragon. Join me when I say, "Grew the scravel!"

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

sorry..forgot to say bike info.. its a 92 600.. all the mounting points are intact, the very bottom protrusion broke off. i fished the piece out of the oil pool in the road. dunno how else to describe it. if the shop next door can get it together short term im ok with that till a winter overhaul.

Comment

I just bought one at the STEALER ship. It wasn't to bad only cost 32$ and got it in 2 days. The gasket was 4$ thought i that that was kinda steap. Don't weld it I tried and I had a slow leak. For that price just do it right.

Comment

shop next door said he could weld it but would prolly distort it enough that i wouldnt get a good seal.

so i ordered a used one off ebay for $24. they said ill have it by tuesday. its scuffed but it matches the hundred other scrapes and scuffs on my bike. lol

ill use motorcycle rtv silicon stuff for gasket because i have to do the left engine cover anyway which leaks a lil bit around the edge when its hot.

i think the fact that i have to do another oil change only 750 miles into this oil change is what bothers me the most about dumping it. oh, is oil supposed to be a greenish grey color when it spews out the side??... never seen that out of a car but i dunno much about motorcycles and wet clutches.

Comment

Working...
            X