X

Sheepskin on seat...how to attach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheepskin on seat...how to attach?

I have got a rally to go to soon, and its going to be cold (we are still in winter down here in NZ)...Thinking of putting a sheepskin on my seat....but how do you attach it, or do ya just put it on top of the seat loose? Dont wanna go round a corner and slip off the seat....

well you can always use staples in the plastic to hold it there or you could do some straps \
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

+1

1. Kill sheep
      2. Skin sheep
      3. Staple to underside of seat

Step 1 is optional
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I think they usually have elastic straps that go under the seat, but I wouldn't trust that to not slide right off the seat. Staples will pretty well destroy your seat. Ummmm....kitchen grade grip tape glued to the under side of the sheepskin?

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
          +1

1. Kill sheep
          2. Skin sheep
          3. Staple to underside of seat

Step 1 is optional
          You don't even need step 2 if you have a cargo net and big arse!

Comment

well you could use velcro to fasten it that way....to the under side of the seat of course
            time to nut up or shut up
            Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
            The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

OK here it is: An easy and suitably manly way to make a removable sheepskin seat cover.
              You will need:
              1) Suitably manly sheepskin.
              2) Suitably manly elastic cord or strap.
              3) A suitably manly way of digging holes in sheepskin.

Take your skin and your seat, and cut the hide to the right size and shape, and place it over the seat. Find good locations at the front and rear underside that you could run two straps across.
              Punch four holes based on this, two on either side of the hide, near the edge but not so close that it could rip out.
              Push one elastic cord through one of the holes, and tie off or maybe melt with a lighter to form a knot. Place on seat and stretch elastic underneath the seat and up into the hole on the other side of the skin. Stretch it slightly to the right tension (not too tight though) and mark the measurement of where you need to knot it the other side. Take away the seat and do so.
              Repeat this for the other strap. Be aware you are going to need a longer amount for the rear of the two, and that they might take some adjustment to fit.

After neatening it up, you should now have a warm (yet suitably manly) fleece seat cover that can come on and off easily for as and when you need it.
              The elastic should not slip around because it is compressed and held in place where the seat rests on the frame or tank and sandwiches it.
              Last edited by Wolfe_UK; 08-24-2010, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X