X

A note of appreciation for my KAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note of appreciation for my KAT

I have gotten to know her now over 6 months. I have had a score of bikes, european, american and jap but I just really love this bike. Nothing flash about it, but it is as honest as they come, does everything well and still scares the crap outa me when i want it to.

Don't know how long me licence is going to last as it so likes to stretch its legs.

Only complaint is all the gear you have to remove to get at valve adjustments, but decided on this bike, to leave it to the mechanics.

Cheers.

What year, how many miles? A picture would be nice. )

Comment

I haven't adjusted my valves yet, but people say that the job isn't all that bad. These bikes to require some carb and valve maintenance and I firmly believe that it's always best to to it yourself with patience and care - if you have the means of course.

And lets see that bike. These bikes tend to grow on you.

Comment

As others had said, pics?
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

OK I just always wanted to stick this emoticon somewhere. Perfectly valid thread. I 'preciate my Kat too. Now where's those pics?
          The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

Welcome.
            Tejasandre

Comment

doesn't need pics

It's just a standard grey 2004 Kat man. Just imagine it. Same old same old.

Got it late last year with only 800km on the clock. Someone's middle age impulse buy, say for 5 years or so, then I picked it up. No probs.

Sorry, enough technical challenges as it is.

The valve issue - have done heaps of screw and locknut valve adjustments on bikes no prob, but once you get fairing etc off this thing, then confronted by coil removal, choice of carb/airbox removal or control cable removals (and subsequent re-adjustment). Pain in the ***. The old Guzzi took 15 minutes just sitting on a milk crate and didn't need to remove nothing but the valve cover. Mind you, didn't go quite as quick either.

I guess I will have to bite the bullet some day though.

Comment

Working...
              X