X

How risky is overnight parking...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How risky is overnight parking...

just got my katana this season and I dont have room to store it in a garage. Just wondering if im asking for trouble by parking it behind the house in a smaller town. If a person always locks the forks and has a rotor lock is there really much insentive for someone to steal or dismantal a 95 katana?... Im kind of curious how many others are parking outside and if they have had or heard of any problems. Thanks
    Last edited by mzo0163; 08-17-2010, 06:24 PM.

I park my bike on the patio behind my house under a cover. It's right next to my bedroom window. There is a police car parked in front of the house though and that may be a deterent as well

Comment

I'm pretty sure you should be able to sleep soundly at night. My bike's always outside. I'd be more concerned, but then again I have a great dog, ammo, and insurance.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

until 2 months ago ... I had 2 gixxers parked right beside the house .... they could even be seen from the street ... nothing ever happened

they are stilll here but now they have a sweet bike garage inside
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

To be honest, that really depends on the area you live in. Every area is different for thefts vandalism etc.
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Wait till all the local hoodlums are out and about. Go out front and quietly place a half stick down light it and walk away. They'll get the picture and leave your stuff alone.
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I don't like leaving mine outside when it's warming up, let alone outside....but I live in atlanta area

when I lived in arkansas I used to leave my bike under the stairs at my apartment and nothing ever happened to it
              ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Outside sucks…

No way I would leave a vehicle outside in the weather. The most destructive agent is the morning dew. Everyday it saturates all the metal and corrodes it. The daily heating-cooling cycle will distill the water out of the air in the gas tank and condense it on the wall. Every-day…
                Bill

Comment

I park my bike outside, uncovered, without the steering lock on. Never had a problem.

Comment

get a lock and youll be fine

Comment

I lived in some upscale apartments not too long back in a nice area. We use to get notices just about every 2 to 3 weeks from the apt management about car breakins and bikes getting stolen. If it could happen there it could happen anywhere.

Luckily I have my bike in a storage facility, locked up. I also installed an alarm on it which is quite nice (peace of mind). It works great...or should I say, at least it makes a lot of noise.
                      "Emini's are the future"

Comment

take all the fairings off and deflate both wheels.. that sucker can sit in the middle of a mall parking lot with the keys in it and nobody will take it!

Comment

Recommend renting storage or locking to structure.

Comment

I would through a cover on it and not worry too much about it. If you still want to worry, then pick up one of the alarms for bike covers. The other option is to just leave an empty holster on the seat.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                            X