X

She might be gone forever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She might be gone forever...

Today I was riding to work on my 600 Kat... It was a nice sunny day down here in Florida. I was less than a mile from my work when I approached a car driving in front of me... That guy was approximately 100 feet or less away from me when he stopped in the middle of the road. I got closer to him slowing down. I thought he either decided to let me pass him by or just stopped for some freaking reason. Well, I decided to pass him by on the left, and when I was too close it was too late, cuz he decided to turn left to the parking lot of his house. I hit the brakes as hard as I could, but it was too late, and I crashed into his car. I hit my balls against the gas tank really hard and fell of the bike. The bike struck his car leaving a huge dent in his left rear fairing. I got off the ground and asked the guy why the hell he didn't even turn the blinker on, on what he replied with anger that he did. I told him that I'm not that crazy to pass the car that is about to turn my way. Some lady called police while we were arguing whose fault it was. I called my buddy, he rushed to us, we lifted the bike from the ground. The bike suffered minor scratches on the right side, missing right mirror which I just recently purchased, and my mesh mod was hanging like snots. That's it. The cop said it was my fault... Thank God I had full coverage. Now I'm wondering whether the insurance company is gonna total my bike. If it does, then how much money I will get. If it does not, then I really worry about my front fork cuz it probably took a lion share of impact on it, although the speed was about 20 mph when I hit that sucker.... Just few days ago I purchased Alsa paint to paint my bike orange, dreamed about all the cool airbrush I was gonna do on her.... And in just few seconds all my plans crashed along with my baby....

I know how you feel, brat, I dropped my Kat at 20 mph avoiding an oncoming car turn left the opposite way. Just make sure there is no damage to the frame, everything else you can find on ebay. придется убить козла next time.
    i hope the bike is not too bad, but the important thing is that you are okay! were you wearing gear?

Comment

I checked the frame. It seemed ok... I checked the triple tree and it also seemed ok. I didn't notice any damage except the scratches on the fairing and the headlight. Do you think the forks might be bent even though they don't like they are, and what might be the chances that the insurance will total my bike if there's no cracks on fairings and no frame damage?..

Comment

Damnit how years of dreams crash from one second of bad luck same thing happened to me with one of my cars.

Comment

I feel for ya man but you will almost always be charged if you hit someone from the rear. it sucks when you dont know what the driver is going to do but as a rule, always stay far away from the car in front and in this case take a long clear way around them. Feel really bad about what happened for you but at least you walked away from it in one piece.
          sigpic
          98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
          Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Yeah, thanx for support. Thank god the speed was very low and I did my best to avoid the crash. Although, it seems that my bike got away with only a broken mirror and a few scratches on the fairing. I checked the frame, and it looks fine. I'm still concerned about the forks, but I rode my bike today and didn't notice any vibrations. The insurance company seems uninterested in my bike since I said that I didn't want them to fix it. I hope that I'll still be able to finish my project and put the pics out.

Comment

Working...
            X