X

Corbin Seats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Seats

Anybody here purchase a Corbin Seat? If so how do you like it?

If I ride over 1.5 hrs my butt is hurtin on the stock seat.

Von
    sigpic
    98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
    Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

I have owned several, and not one of them was much better than stock.

corbin seems to be 50/50....some like them, some don't.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I had the OEM and was not good
      I had a gel and it was better
      I picked up a Corbin in the early spring from a guy that had ordered it and wrecked his bike before installing it
      I like the Corbin best , I would compare the difference like a bicycle seat and office chair

if you watch kijiji.ca in your area they do pop up from time to time
      Last edited by rexazz2; 07-31-2010, 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I have one and like it. However I've never had another brand (not counting oem) to compare with. It seems a little hard at first, but does spread out your weight over more surface area and not so much directly on the taintle region. I liked it enough I sold my braada cowl on my stock seat. I was going to keep it and switch seats depending on the length of the ride but decided I liked the Corbin enough that the oem seat was never going to be used again.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

I got a Corbin in April and it makes a huge difference. The stock seat made my upper thighs (i guess right where the leg stops being leg and becomes a butt) But the corbin seat is wider and holds my butt and enough of my leg to stop it from getting tired and sore.
          1999 Katana 750

Comment

Hey Vonrapier,

I've got a Corbin on my Kat and like it a lot.
            I've done 11 hrs straight.:bunny2
            So I'm sell my Kat and I'm putting the stock seat back on, I bought the seat new 18 months ago it's in perfect shape, if you want to buy it send a PM.
            Blackdog
            DRz-400e plated
            Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

I had a Corbin on my 84 Interceptor. Loved it so much that I haven't owned a bike since without putting one on it.

At first, you'll think you made an expensive mistake. The seat is harder than stock and will feel less comfortable. You'll want to take it off the bike and go back to stock. Resist this urge! Instead, get on the bike and go for a long ride. With the stock seat, I was ready to get off the bike after an hour or so of riding. With the Corbin, after an hour I'm just getting started. Now, the limit on my riding day is my back (arthritis), not the nether regions.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I love the seat, hate the company. I may buy another if Mike is ever able to sell the company, until then, well, there are other options. I've had two on two different bikes, and neither has fit well. The one on the Kat is loose and off center. The one on the Buell, has a seam that keeps it from fully going into place, and the tab off the front was too long and bent the wrong way to the point where it would hit the engine when I first got it.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Wild Bill.......I can relate to that......Sitting on your bike should be a much fun as riding it. It is too bad some of these companies do not do more work with their seats instead of just installing something that works for the most of us just over an hour before the fun (discomfort) begins......

Black Dog......I left you a PM.....let me know if you did not get it.

Von
                  Last edited by vonrapier; 08-03-2010, 09:02 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vonrapier View Post
                    It is too bad some of these companies do not do more work with their seats instead of just installing something that works for the most of us just over an hour before the fun (discomfort) begins......
                    They put seats on the bikes to sell them in the showroom. A hard seat may be more comfortable on the long hall, but if you were to sit on it at the dealership for five minutes, it would feel hard and uncomfortable.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

new corbin seat owner

I just switched out my OEM for the Corbin. Corbin says the break-in period is about 2000 miles. I put 200 miles on it recently without any butt or leg fatigue. I notice too that I'm able to position my body better in curves which I can only attribute to the Corbin seat (as compared to the OEM one). So far it has been a positive experience and purchase.

I don't know if they take inseam or other leg measurements into account when creating the seat. No one asked me for measurements when I placed my phone order so I can only assume either it's one size fit all or the gal didn't do her job.

The other thing I hear about the Corbin seat is that you need to condition it after so many hours/miles. I didn't get any documentation with my seat to say how/when to do that or what to use. Since the seat is leather (with vinyl side panels) I would venture a guess that any saddle soap/lotion would work best. (I assume to keep the saddle supple and to avoid cracking, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by jockovonred View Post
                        Since the seat is leather (with vinyl side panels) I would venture a guess that any saddle soap/lotion would work best. (I assume to keep the saddle supple and to avoid cracking, etc.)
                        I've had good luck with the Lexol Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner. It does a nice job cleaning and conditioning without leaving much excess to stain pants, and it doesn't make the leather slippery.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet

Comment

What is the best thing to do with those seats and rain? Do people cover them?
                          sigpic

Comment

Keep riding.

If you've been treating it with a leather conditioner every so often (like every 1k miles/6 months or so, whichever comes first) or if it's new then the water will roll right off it. After you get home just wipe it down with a towel to remove any standing water and just let it dry off. After it's dry then it's a good time to apply some more conditioner. I've never had the leather soak up any water despite getting caught in some pretty good rain.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks for the info..............

Von
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X