• Time
  • Show
Clear All

good to hear you're ok at least
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your input.
      I ended up bringing the bike into the shop which I did get get charged quite a bit.
      New Front Tire (to pass inspection)
      NYS Inspection
      Oil Change (while its there)
      Carbs Cleaned
      Spark Plugs
      and apparently my gas tank had some sorta putty inside of it, which was clogging up the carbs hence why it wasn't starting right or idling.

I picked up the bike today, and she started right up, and the idle was smoother and more stable than ever. I decided to give it a go and ride the bike at least to my parents house, my buddy following in his Subaru, but when I got home she went right in the garage.
      Combination of still being shook up after downing her, and a sudden hit on allergies throwing off my balance with a congested head and chest just made me think, I gotta start over slowly and get my comfort back.

I'd really like to know, how did you guys get over being shook up and clear your head to jump back on and ride? Granted I've just started and have less than 200 miles logged on the bike.

I'm just reminded of the feeling I had after being rear-ended and being afraid to drive and get hit again by someone, even though it wasn't my fault.

Thanks alot for your input.

Comment

hah, never mind, got on the bike today and rode it just fine, even had to ride through some rain at the last 1/4 mile home. Still have much experience to gain, but definitely back on the saddle.

Comment

me i just love to ride so i take a spill and fix what ever i happen to be rideing and go
          time to nut up or shut up
          Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
          The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I got back on when I got hit the third day of owning my Kat first day riding it by a one legged vet. Got back up 8 days later when I took a long corner too fast about 30 when it was wet out, in a ****ed off mood and night time. Learned a lot from that one. You just gotta take it one day at a time. I've practiced more in the past couple days then I have ever, I think I've clocked around 200 miles just around town different corners different conditions.

Always aim to be better each day and learn something.
            Originally posted by chrisgreer23
            Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
            2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
            1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
            2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
            1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Congrats on getting it back up and running. Take it at your own pace, only you can say when you are ready. Start around the block or in a parking lot or whatever. Big open parking lots are good because you can set up a little track for yourself and practice.

Comment

Working...
              X