Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Wow, didn't take me long to become a statistic...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, didn't take me long to become a statistic...

So, here I am, going around the curve of an overpass on a beautiful, hot sunday afternoon. All of a sudden, the curve tightens right up and in a moment of newbie panic, I end up hitting the dirt shoulder with the front tire. Bam!, the bike goes down, and next thing I know, I'm face-down in the dirt, people all around me.

Turns out I have a broken collarbone, so I'm out for baseball, my band, and riding for 6-8 weeks! Silver-lining? I'm not hurt worse, my bike only has a broken gear shift peg and scratches, & I didn't hurt anyone else in the process.

Now to heal and figure out how to fight the "failure to remain in lane" ticket the cop gave me, because "He had to give me a ticket for something".

2006 Katana 750
    2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
    2003 Mercury Marauder

Glad you're still with us. The injuries could have been much worse. Ah poo on that cop
    Last edited by FASHER; 06-02-2010, 03:11 PM.
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Sucks that you got hurt but lucky it wasn't worse. I guess you can't take an msf course soon because of your injury but do all the reading you can on countersteering, target fixation and anything you can find on riding techniques. Get well and good luck.

Comment

just be glad it wasn't any worse and pay the fine...he could have been a real prick and given you failure to control or reckless operation instead.....bike should be fixed easily enough though, be sure to give yourself plenty of healing time

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

hope it doesn't stop you from riding when you heal up =)

get better soon!
          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Glad your alright man, the bike can be fixed.

Comment

glad your not hurt any worse but as others have said the bike can be fixed but being dead cant. read up and take the course it will help you alot.
              time to nut up or shut up
              Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
              The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by krunchkat99 View Post
                Sucks that you got hurt but lucky it wasn't worse. I guess you can't take an msf course soon because of your injury but do all the reading you can on countersteering, target fixation and anything you can find on riding techniques. Get well and good luck.
                +1
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

-
                  -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

+10, helps SOO much.
                    Are we riding yet?

Comment

Hope you heal fast, and get on the road again. Safely.
                      sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Ouch sorry to hear about your get off, heal up fast.

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                        just be glad it wasn't any worse and pay the fine...he could have been a real prick and given you failure to control or reckless operation instead..
                        A local binned it on a QEW ramp a few years back because of gravel and he ended up with a "careless" charge. You could have ended up in a lot more legal trouble if he had really wanted to be a dick.
                        Kyle

Comment

It's good to hear that you are okay. Curving overpasses still freak me out, but I'm talking about the ones that are three or four stories up that look like they're heading off into sky; luckily I only know of three or four of those (live out in Nowhere with a capital "N"). When you said "curving overpass" though, I thought about the one in San Antonio which could be "the overpass to Heaven" and was glad that you said you hit dirt, which is much preferred to a dropoff. Heal fast, and tell your band they better not be looking for a replacement.

(Uh, just a sec...what do you play? So maybe your band needs a...)

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I hope you have a quick recovery.

From experience, I'd recommend you fight every ticket in Ontario (He didn't "have to" give you one). I never dispute the officer's evidence etc., I just indicate on the back of the ticket that I would like a court date/first attendance meeting (but not check off the box hoping the police officer doesn't show... they generally always do now anyway), mail it in (check your options and read the back of the ticket properly as in some areas, you have to actually show up in person to do that) and wait for the letter that tells you when you need to appear. Twice now, the officers giving me the tickets have encouraged me to go this route and **both times** they were thrown out. (Bacon seems appropriate here...)

There is also no truth to the insurance companies not caring about tickets that carry no demerit points... a minor ticket is a minor ticket and 0 points is handled the same way as 3 points.

Worst case scenario, you waste a morning in court first meeting with the prosecutor and then the judge and you pay the set fine (so it can't get any worse than it is today... and it puts it off for ages). Best case, it gets thrown out. Most often, the fine or charge is knocked in half and since you don't have to pay the fine until after your court date, you buy yourself months and months without it on your record and you legally put off having to actually pay it for months and months.
                            Last edited by **Laura**; 06-03-2010, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Man Canada sucks if they count non point based moving violations against your insurance.

If they did that down here in the states I would not have had insurance for years.....Thankfully they only get notified when there are points and it goes to the DMV.
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                              X