X

Finally happened: Went down last night!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mykat View Post
    I was considering buying a mesh jacket from Firstgear. Guess it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

even a carhart jacket is better than nothing! i think the main thing to remember here is, protecting yourself is key. if you dont have the means to buy quality riding gear, atleast wear something. ive seen a few guys around my area that insist on riding with just t-shirts on because "its hot out". and then they laugh at me because im wearing either a double lined hoodie or my carhart jacket(sometimes both). and of course ill also have on my gloves and helmet and boots.
    i tell these guys, "when you go down, i bet youll have more road rash than if i go down".
    it shuts them up but, it dont sink in enough to get them to change their riding attire.

im working on obtaining proper riding gear. eventually ill have full leathers, better helmet, and quality riding boots. takes time when on a budget.

this post is just one out of many hundreds of reasons to wear protective clothing. i just wish more riders would get it.

Comment

I feel your pain on this, I went down coming out of my driveway on some gravel. the damage was minor on the plastic but some fuel system issues. I started a claim and the bike has 4200 in damage (total) now I have to decide if a salvage title is worth keeping the Kat or buy something else.
      "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

glad to hear that you are okay.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

glad you're ok man

Comment

Glad that you're ok and glad that you took the time to post about how your gear protected your skin. If everyone that has a situation like this makes a post then maybe the non-gear riders will see the light and start gearing up properly.

I live in South MS and can tell you that it gets damn hot wearing a leather jacket while riding in the summer... but I do it anyway because I like my skin the way it is.

Comment

I don't like mesh . I crashed in mesh . Didn't do great .
              NRC FTMFW ! I LOVE my NRC covers . Have a COUPLE times meant the difference between RIDING home and calling for backup . Sucks I can't put them on my "new" engine .
              Whassup with the gravels ? Like DOT was slackin or somethin ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

glad your ok and walked away good luck on the bike

Comment

I did the same thing except mine was a right turn on a green. Next thing I knew, I was on my right side sliding towards the middle of the road thinking "please let my bike be ok...please, please." Must have hit a some bad oil slick. I was lucky that the bike took such little damage. Sorry to hear about the gravel. Hope you can get her pretty again soon.
                  Are we riding yet?

Comment

man that sucks...glad your ok
                    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Working...
                    X