X

PROJECT GPS, mounting up my Garmin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT GPS, mounting up my Garmin

Not really a huge deal, I know, but I just figured I'd share my opservations.

Here's my GPS, it's touchscreen and I've had it long enough to use it well. The best feature, is where you can zoom out, see all the state parks (in green), and just touch the spot on the map you want to go to, and hit GO THERE. Love it. It's also very easy to enter addresses into. You can plan a trip with a bunch of waypoints too, powerful stuff.

I looked at mounting my GPS and thought it would be hard. Looks like a no-brainer.

The suction cup mount works very well on both the front of the tank and the inside of the windsheild. I couldn't pull the mount free using considerable force.

The only thing I have to do is wire up a 12v accessory receptacle. They're $6 at Radio Shack and I think it includes a little mount. Not sure where I'll end up getting power from yet, I'l look for an extra wire.

I'll post some pictures when I get the socket.
    Last edited by akarob; 05-26-2010, 07:28 PM.

Someone on here used the adapter from their trickle charger to hook in a cigarette lighter. It was a great idea, modular and would probably work well for low wattage items.

Comment

The socket came with the charger? I just looked at all the ones at Sears and they don't seem to have that.

The chargers all do come with an adapter for that socket though, handy.
      Last edited by akarob; 05-26-2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X