X

is this right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this right?

well cl is my favorite place to be,, and i seen somthing that really caught my eye and didnt seem right. so this guy is selling a 97 katana,, and says its only got 10k miles.. looking at the speedo guage,,it doesnt seem like its the stock one,, is it?

Last edited by nealy212; 05-20-2010, 05:14 PM.
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

no cus i dont know what im looking at...wheres the pic?

Comment

oh hell i forgot to add the link lol

ok its fixed
      Last edited by nealy212; 05-20-2010, 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

i dont think that is...

Comment

no it doesnt look like a stock speedo most of them go to 150. mine only goes to 120 but that one doesnt look right. not to mention you cant see the writing in the lower part of the speedo that says made in japan. personally i have never seen this type of speedo on a kat and it goes to 135 not very common number to go to. so i dont think that its a stock speedo
          time to nut up or shut up
          Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
          The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Definitely not the stock speedo. It looks to me like it probably came off of a Kawi.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Not the original paint - custom paint is not a plus, especially if it's done half ***.

It might be worth buying but I'd offer close to trade in value - not retail, not even close.

Comment

i think loudnlow is right a kawi speedo for a wanna be kawi bike. look at the color of it
                time to nut up or shut up
                Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

nope. its not an original speedo. i can say that for sure. my friend andy has a 97' and its not like that at all. plus, the speedo is bigger than the tach gauge and has no rubber seal around it and its missing the little tab thingy to reset your tripometer. plus a kat speedo goes to 160 not 135

Comment

Looks like a old ninja speedo

Comment

its the speedo off of an older kawi ninja ex500 my cousin has one and it looks just like that.
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                      X