Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How far are you from your local twisties??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far are you from your local twisties??

It takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to my usual loop. Once there I can
    make up any combination of roads to mix up my ride from weekend to weekend. Its great because even if I only have say 2 hours to ride, then
    an hour and a half will be pure twisies. If I want a full day I head north to upstate N.Y. How about you?

Yup about 15-20 minutes....

Comment

If you can call what we have in PA; twisties, then its about a 15 minute ride to get to them..but after riding the Dragon and being at the rally, and riding rt 28, the cherahola skyway, and the other surrounding roads..I just cant justify calling anything in PA a twisty !!! But its better than nothing so yeah, bout 20 minutes to some nice roads here.

Comment

My favourite road is in another province, its a 400 km (go and back) ride, if I do it stopping only for gas an a pair of drinks, I can do it in five hours.
        BTW, we have tons of roas in Cádiz, but they are full of gravel.. are awesome roads, but really crappy!
        PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

5mins
          "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

10-40 miles in all directions but one...!

Comment

For me it's 2 - 2.5 hr drive, Route 17 in Vermont and it's worth it. Going down today with Mojoe and Fatblue. I'm sure Mojoe will post some pics when we get back. There are some that are closer but these ones in VT. ahhhh......heaven.
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Haven't found any yet in Raleigh - the GF and I mostly to city riding, but we do see some curves towards the suburbs...
                "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Ummm....I really don't have any GOOD twisties around here. Well except for one stretch of road that has maybe like 4 or 5 twisties to it. If I lived up where my bro goes to college, then it would be twisties all around.
                  KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

There is a road near my house that is freshly paved and has about 12 good curves and is about 2 miles long. The problem is that cops patrol it all the time. After Deals Gap, everything else seems kinda straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_K
                      Haven't found any yet in Raleigh - the GF and I mostly to city riding, but we do see some curves towards the suburbs...
                      You're not all that far from the Gap.. Someone told me there are some twisties there

Comment

Lets see, only places I can find "twisties" around here is on the interstates.

The closest one, Queretaro, is a tolled interstate, and is pretty much straight, so I don't care about that one. About 45 minute ride in the city from home to get to the interstate.

Second closest one, tolled Pachuca, is the most boring interstate out there, like 3 or 4 turns, the rest is straight. That and a lot of wind, wind will get you into the next lane if you aren't carefull. So it is boring and dangerous.
                        Non tolled Pachuca is even worse, two lanes (one way each), no turns and most of it goes through small towns...

Third one, Toluca, about an hour ride. Tolled is boring, and the most expensive tolled road in Mexico, non tolled is more fun, but the most dangerous road in Mexico. 4 lanes, two each way, looks like a modern interstate, but its not. You can get into trouble going too fast there, as there is no slope on the turns...

Fourth one, Cuernavaca, both tolled and non tolled are fun. Non-tolled is the most frequented interstate by motorcycles. About 1.5 hours from home, city riding...

Best one, by far, non-tolled to Puebla. That road is a freaking blast from the outskirts of Mexico City up to a little town called "Rio Frio" (cold river), about 40 miles of extremely good turns, incredible views to the canyons. Downside, it was built around 1900, so it is a very slow ride, don't dare to go fast or you'll get to know what is in the bottom of a canyon.

Tolled to Puebla is the second most dangerous road in Mexico. Scary fast when comming from Puebla to Mexico City, basically downhill, good turns, but TOO fast for my liking. You'll find big rigs doing about 80-90 mph, cages will be around 100-110mph, so no, I don't want to be in the middle of that crazyness.

Basically you'll be riding at the same speed as most cages, and if you want to go slower, you'll get passed by everyone. Going faster is not really possible nor safe. Triple digit speeds on public roads is not my cup of tea, I like to save that for the track.

Mexico to Puebla is good, as it is mostly uphill it is not that fast and you can enjoy it.

And well, thats about it. There is really nothing worth riding within the city limits. There are some small roads with extremely good turns, but too short to even get in heat.
                        There is one close to my house, about 5 minutes, its about 5 miles of very good turns, but thats it.
                        Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

+1 on Rt 17 in Vermont I've been on it about 4 times this year, I have twisties just out my back door.
                          BACK ON A KAT - Anyone can go fast in a straight line......

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                            For me it's 2 - 2.5 hr drive, Route 17 in Vermont and it's worth it. Going down today with Mojoe and Fatblue. I'm sure Mojoe will post some pics when we get back. There are some that are closer but these ones in VT. ahhhh......heaven.
                            it would take me much less time to get there than 2.5 hours. maybe 90 minutes. but seeing as i still feel guilty for that ride home that Chris had to do in the rain, i go the long way around to meet up with him...lol. no...just kidding. seriously though, i can be in the twisties in no time. vermont is loaded with them, so i just have to hop the border.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

1 t0 2 hours away from good/decent twisties. Both south and eastern Ohio. If those aren't good enough the it is a trip to Kentucky LOL
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X