Just got an 05 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got an 05 600

Hello all,

I pulled the trigger and bought an 05 600. Some light scratches here and there, but runs great. The only thing is the bike is FILTHY! This is my first, so I'm not quite sure what I can and cannot do and use to clean the thing. Any tips or stuff to watch out for? I want to put some degreaser on the engine and pressure wash it like I would to a car, but I'm not sure that's the best idea. Any advice is appreciated.

Hand wash only man. Hose maybe but like my boy J just found out the power washers @ the coin op place rip ur paint off. He just got himself a reason to repaint his bike cause he did that after I told him not to. Doh! Live n learn I guess.

Comment

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks! Any recommendations on degreasers? I usually just use some simple green....

Comment

Simple Green is great. You can use some regular engine cleaner as well. You would benefit from getting yourself a set of cheap brushes. I picked up an assortment at a Harbor Freight and I use them all the time.

After you degrease the chain and such, make sure you load it up with WD40 to displace the water. Let it sit overnight then oil the chain the next day.

Comment

Working...
        X