2006 Katana value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Katana value

Hello,
    I'm new to bikes and considering buying a used Katana 600. I've found a 2006 with about 4100 kms on it. The guys is asking $4500 Canadian. Assuming that it's mint, is that a good price?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by pwtrainor; 05-09-2010, 11:34 PM.

First, welcome to KR.

Second, this is not really meant for the "riding tips" area.

Third, you can get a new left-over 2006 for that price if you can find one.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

yeah thats pretty solid for our area. i picked mine up 2 years ago (2003 with 16k) bike was 100% mint and still is. i got it for 4500. came with a helmet and jacket that were crap but i sold them for about 300.

Comment

That a little to much for a 06 katana 600, right now that bike it worth $3775 if it is in excellent condition. For $4500 that bike better be dam near brand new and low mileage and no scractch on the bike. I pay for my kat 750 06, $2400 only 1700 miles on it last year, the value of my bike was over $4000 last year. It had no mirror bust it tail light and the gauge was bust it also the fairing was damge and no bottom fairing, it was running rought the carb need cleaning, tank was dent it, I replace all the parts on my bike. It was worth it for that price consider what I have to replace. The guy want the sell the bike for $2700 I went to him with $2400 cash money, I not going pay $2700 for the damage for this bike, I just want to see if he going to go down with the price and he did LOL, money talk BS walk catch my drift! Don't be scam with $4500 bike maybe it not worth it! PS. Remember the value of the bike go down every year, if you want pay $4500 for that bike that your business you can problemly find a better deal on ebay or craigslist good luck!
        Last edited by coolbrotha23; 06-12-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
          First, welcome to KR.

Second, this is not really meant for the "riding tips" area.

Third, you can get a new left-over 2006 for that price if you can find one.
          Originally posted by coolbrotha23 View Post
          That a little to much for a 06 katana 600, right now that bike it worth $3775 if it is in excellent condition. For $4500 that bike better be dam near brand new and low mileage and no scractch on the bike. I pay for my kat 750 06, $2400 only 1700 miles on it, but the fairing was damge and no bottom fairing, it was running rought the carb need cleaning, tank was dent it, I replace all the parts on my bike. It was worth it for that price consider what I have to replace!
          bikes are not as cheap in Canada as south of the border
          A 84 interceptor, not running they want $750
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
            bikes are not as cheap in Canada as south of the border
            That's exactly why I ended up importing a bike this time around rather than getting one locally.
            Kyle

Comment

Got mine for 3000 w/ 1000miles on it. Plus i made them the dealer throw in a helmet, jacket and gloves. Told them them that would be the only way I would buy......
              99 Ford F150 4x4
              04 Mustang GT
              2010 Camaro SS
              06 GSX600F
              sigpic

Comment

Something you might want to consider is the Katana is basically the same from 1998 onward. Yes there's a few small differences but basically they are the same bike.

So unless your dead set on a "newer" Kat you might be able to find a deal on one a few years older.
                Kyle

Comment

Before taxes I paid $3600 usd (which would convert to about $3700 Canadian) for my 06 Kat from a dealer and they included a full tune up and a 20 day registration to get it home. The bike had 4,500 miles on it with darn near perfect paint. I did negotiate them down from $4,000.

My advice: definitely try to talk him down and go in prepared to say no if needed. I did a lot of research before buying and went over the bike with a fine tooth comb before signing on the dotted line. And always bring a friend with you for support. My boyfriend went with me to look at mine and that really helped (he doesn't ride yet and didn't really say anything, but it was nice to have him there).

My 4 Wheeled Ride: 2013 Mazda 3
                  My 2 Wheeled Ride: 2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Zis Is KAOS! We Don't Shush Here!

Comment

Originally posted by pwtrainor View Post
                    Hello,
                    I'm new to bikes and considering buying a used Katana 600. I've found a 2006 with about 4100 kms on it. The guys is asking $4500 Canadian. Assuming that it's mint, is that a good price?
                    Thanks!
                    I think that's pretty good for Canada. I was just offered $4K for mine on a dealer trade in, I ASSume they would put it in their showroom for around $5K.

So I think what you found is reasonable as long as it looks perfect.

Comment

Mine was $800.00.....

Comment

so was mine ($800), but i had to put another $800 in to it to make it safe enough for me to feel comfortable to ride it on SoCal freeways

Comment

I got mine for $4600 out the door in NJ. That includes registration, warranty, full check-up, state taxes, and a full tank of gas. It's a '06 600cc with 4600mi on it. Still wish I had checked out KatRiders before impulse buying. I remembered the Kat as a beast from my youth, and I probably should've checked that 98-06'es are basically the same. Also, that the Katana isn't considered one of the best looking, fastest bikes on a road. Still love 'er though. Rides awesome.
                          http://www.envyplayer.com/13.mp4 for sale with lots of parts

Comment

Working...
                          X