Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

After many months, I finally got my carbs right!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After many months, I finally got my carbs right!

I have a kat 1100 and it would have an idle that would hang forever, sometimes would run rich, multiple issues.
    1) cleaned carbs- ran a bit better, but still felt lean at idle, rich when warm
    Emulsion tubes looked worn, bought new ones, compared to the new ones, the hole in the old ones was much bigger.
    Put them in, richness at wot is gone. Bike still has way hanging idle.
    I sprayed carb cleaner at where boots meet head- idle goes out of sight! I ordered new O rings.
    Installed the o rings, idle still hangs, not as much. I got more carb spray. I spray, spray, spray- nothing. I then sprayed at the breather tube at the top of the air box- idle went up. There is a leak where the two halves of the airbox meets. I got some plastic two part epoxy and smeared it over all the seam on the box. Resprayed carb spray at it- idle doesn't go up.
    I noticed that when I turn the handlebars, idle goes up. Choke cable looks tweeked, throttle cable feels rough. I replaced both- no more throttle steer.
    Bike still has super leaness at idle. WTF?
    Then a thought came into my head- pilot jets! I pulled out the first two- clean, nice looking, I still soaked them in carb cleaner since I took them out. The next two- clogged! Not totally clogged, I could still see light through the itty bitty little hole. There appeared to be a white-ish looking residue around the tip. I blew through it- pretty hard to do. I sucked on one end- it was almost like a vacuum. Then, bleff! It felt something give and it my tongue (no bj jokes, please!) and it was easy to suck air through it. The other jet was. One other jet was like this. The bike now runs pretty well. I think I need to do a synch on it, but at this point, I'll put that off until next week and simply ride it. Like Rosanne Odanna Danna of SNL would say- "It's always something!"

good job in fixing it yourself, better to know ur own bike then to pay someone good money and still not know wats exactly is wrong with it. awesome job. u can make a cheap syn tool with bottle of Starbucks. check the posting on the main page.
    this is the best icon eva

Comment

Originally posted by 96katana96 View Post
      good job in fixing it yourself, better to know ur own bike then to pay someone good money and still not know wats exactly is wrong with it. awesome job. u can make a cheap syn tool with bottle of Starbucks. check the posting on the main page.
      $hit, I'd have to pay a fortune to a wrench to get it done. Starbucks tool? Never heard of it. I do hate Starbucks though. I make my own espresso from beans that i roast myself weekly (I like it fresh!!).
      At any rate, I have a Morgan Carb tuner

Comment

Working...
      X