X

Alomst did it......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alomst did it......

I met a guy a couple weeks ago while out riding. Thru normal conversation, I mentioned I needed to start looking for a bigger bike. The 600 just isn't getting it for me anymore. He told me about a friend of his and his bike. This guy hadn't rode a bike in 23 years and got the itch again. So he goes out and buys the first thing he sees..... a 1997 GSX-R 1100. 41mm smooth bores, full Yosh system and all. Needless to say, he's scared of it in a big way. So I have the guy call me and we talk about trading bikes, straight up. He wanted a smaller bike and I wanted a bigger one, no problem right? I go and look the bike over, and it needed just a little bit of work, nothing major at all. I actually liked the bike a lot, but both of us decided we needed a couple days to think it over. The 2 or 3 days I thought about it, I decided it would break my heart to get rid of the Kat. Couldn't do it....

So I think instead, I'm going to do the 771 conversion like the black one that won KOTM in July I think it was. That will give me the extra power I'm looking for and still allow me to keep my precious Kat!

Edit: It was the May KOTM and it belongs to Bearkat. BTW, if Bearkat reads this, please PM me so I can ask some questions about your motor and what I need to do.

why stop at 771cc an 813cc kits on my short list for the future

cheers.joe.

Comment

crazymofo have fun tuning the carbs!

I would talk to or pm gixerkat to find out what exactly he did to that engine. Yes it is a 771 but with gsxr heads etc.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Why stop at the 813?? Just find you a Bandit 1200 to throw in there....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Screw if you are going to go big then go really big. Check out the V-8 Hemi motorcycle in this months Cycle World.

Comment

Hell, since we're going huge now, I can go ahead and make my own Y2Katana....

Comment

i'd make the trade...

1994 Katana 600 <-> 1997 Gixxer 1100....

sounds like a steal to me
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

It actually was a steal, but for whatever reason I couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess with all of the work I've put in to this thing, I've gotten attached to it. When I bought it, it was in pieces and had 2nd gear tore out of it. It's really come a long way.

Comment

If my Kat was paid off I would say send him my way, I would make the trade!!

Comment

Now now Fred, you know you dont want to get rid of the flaming Kat !!!

Comment

But, but, but it's a 1100 gixxer............

Comment

But, but, its your flaming kat..dont do it, resist the dark side !!!

Comment

I am sure it wouldn't work out. He would have to give me the Gixxer and $2000 to pay off the Kat..

Comment

See then thats a sign then, the sportbike gods want you to keep the Kat

Comment

Well ok Matt..
                              Hmmm wunder if he would be interested in a Classic 1980 GS750E that needs carb work???

Comment

Working...
                              X