X

Blackfoot Motorsports Calgary gong show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackfoot Motorsports Calgary gong show

I was at Blackfoot Motorsports in Calgary with my bike 01 katana 750.
    I bought a new tire and got it installed as well as another front tire that was mine.
    All together it cost me over $300. The staff was friendly and I was very thankful that they could help me out at 1 that afternoon for pick up that evening.

I had noticed a trace of oil leaking from the ride over to Calgary from Banff. I mentioned this to the staff when I arrived and he was nice enough to come out and have a look at it as well as advise me to purchase a new tire which I did. I mentioned that I live in Banff and we talked about how dangerous an oil leak is especially seeing some oil on the back tire. I asked him if he could check it out for oil leaking and when I returned that evening they assured me that they had checked it for leaking oil it was just "chain oil" that was on the back tire and underneath. I was assured since they washed the bike there was nothing to worry about.
    When I returned back to Banff I noticed oil rapidly dripping from underneath the bike I dangerously returned home to find out that the oil filter was loose and loosened more and more on my journey home causing oil to spill all over underneath my bike my pipe my back wheel and new rear tire making a horrible mess and putting me in danger.

I tightened the oil filter (which fixed the problem) and started cleaning the oil off the back wheel when I noticed a scratch all along the perimeter of the back wheel I am absolutely certain was not there before (because I meticulously polished them by hand just previously) as well as many other little scratches that were not there.(The back tire that was on there was original so it hadn't been changed before-) You can see that someone dragged a screwdriver or something maliciously scratching the perimeter of the wheel while putting on/taking off the tire. It is a very apparent scratch considering my wheels are black.

The reason why I went to Blackfoot is I wanted a PROFESSIONAL JOB and this is just total BOGUS-

When they changed the balance weights on the front wheel they could have at least cleaned off the white gunk from the old balance weights for a $150 install fee

When I called back later I mentioned my complaint and the staff member was ignorant saying how professional their equipment was and how impossible it was to scratch the wheel. He insisted that the scratch was there before even though I insisted it wasn't. He claimed that it was no fault of theirs about the oil filter mess and it was merely coincidental. Then he asked me to hold the line while he asked the mechanic if the equipment scratches the wheel.

Then he changed his story and said that it happens from time to time and was normal and mentioned that it says on the bottom of the work order that they are not responsible for any scratches on the wheel.(he changed his tune)

I asked to speak to the manager and she basically said that even though I asked them to check for an oil leak because it wasn't on the service order they had no responsibility (even though I asked the staff and confirmed that they checked for leaks) So I told the manager I wanted to speak to the owner she and ended the conversation abruptly.

THEN and only then she calls back and asks me to bring the bike in to have a look at it.

This is some the worst business I have ever had and it could have killed me STAY AWAY FROM BLACKFOOT MOTORSPORTS!
    (or buy your tire there and get it installed somewhere else)
Working...
X