X

Penn Yan N.Y.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn Yan N.Y.

I've now seen 2 Kats in the Penn Yan area .
    One was parked so I put a note about katriders.com on it , so he the person we were here.
    Is anyone on this sight from the fingerlakes region of N.Y. ?
    Let me know ....
    Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

I haven't had my Kat out in Penn Yan but I am in Corning. Should be getting on the road sometime next week...
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

I would like to go back up there sometime, I'll let u know if i do. I don't know alot of the roads, the last time I was there was sightseeing, most around Watkins glen, and the other falls.

Comment

EXCELLENT!!! we need to find the new kat owners and ride ....
        Corning is not that far on a KAT and well PA is where both Weebl and I got our bikes. So there is an 1100 for sale fairly cheap in my area , but it's an 1988 ... bad suspension and all . Only 6k miles on it though .... I may buy it for the parts and engine . still thinking about it .

Comment

I live 243 miles from penn yan. I can make it in 6-6 1/2 hours and thats only stopping for gas with no breaks(thats doing the speed limit).

Comment

You can always make a pit stop in Corning. I know other riders (not Kats though) in the area who would love to get a ride in.
            In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

If I make it up, thats the way I was planning on taking. I rode rt 17 once, to salamanca, Ny, NEVER again, lol. I was cruising at 65, and i hit the bad spots, I had to slow down to 55 cuz I kept coming up off the seat.

Comment

Yeah that road kinda sucks . I've had bad times in PA with construction , but the worst thing so far was heading up to Cape Vincent . "pavement ends" sign in the middle of a town .... ohh and it was gone , torn down to dirt.

Comment

Working...
                X