X

kickstand wiggles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickstand wiggles?

Hey guys, I just got home from a 2-3 hr ride on saturday and was ready to sit down, look through my pictures and relax. I put my 98 600 in the parking spot, dropped the kickstand and leaned her over.

Then she leaned over more....and more.....and I tried to stop the inevitable as people watched and pointed .

Long story short, my kickstand bolt appears to have worked its way out! Ive already replaced it with a (slightly overzealously) loctited grade 8 bolt, but I have a quick question.

Now, when I put the kickstand up, it has about 1" of play from left to right, and a minor amount of play when its down and the bike isn't leaning on it.

Is there some big fat washer that was in there I don't know about?
    My brothers pre is the same way, and we are at a loss. We even tried making sure the mounting points werent bent out by pressing them with wood blocks in a vice until they went from "V" to "l l". But it still wiggles.

mine is the same way, but mine was self-inflicted from spinning the bike on the sidestand when i was in a tight spot to get out of. More than likely the subframe the bolt goes through is wollered out. be careful, if too loose, it will cause the sidestand switch to disengage and kill the engine while going down I75 in front of billy big rigger...talk about your all time pucker moments...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
    X