Dyna Beads anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyna Beads anyone?

Good morning all,
    I was just wondering if any of you have heard of, or tried Dyna Beads for ballancing your tires. A friend/riding buddy of mine installed some in his tires before our ride this past weekend. He removed the wheel weights and installed the beads in his tires. He said he could not believe the difference it made in the ride. I am going to get some for my bikes and try them out. Here is the site for them if you want to read about them.

Ride safe everyone!!!
    Dualsport
    Push the limits, but always factor in the unknown....
    96 ATK 250
    2000 Road King Classic
    92 Suzuki Intruder 800
    06 Suzuki Katana 600

I have them in two bikes, mostly because I'm too lazy to balance. Should be quite a few threads on here if you search. I'm not actually using the brand name beads, but some generic ceramic bead blasting media in roughly the same size as the Dynabeads.

On easy tip on them... Use a spray can cap to make reclaiming them super easy. And if you're not mounting your own tires, let the tire change dude know that they are in there.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I put dyna beads in the front and rear 2 weeks ago. Runs fine. There is a slight....very slight wobble at 45-50 mph if I take my hands off the wheel. I don't think this a big deal at all. At 100 mph it's just as if I had wheel weights. I may put an extra shot in the front tire to see if it takes care of the little wobble at 45. I am very happy to clean my wheels now without running into those pesky wheel weights. I am pro dyana beads.

Comment

Several long threads on them discussing their use... A search will turn those up I'm sure.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

There was a long letter in Motorcycle Consumer News this month regarding their use.

It boiled down to, that they aren't scientifically proven to work... and you are better off going with a conventional wheel weight.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The one thing that is consistent among the dozens of threads I have read on the subject is: Those that have run them like them to about 99%, and those that claim they CAN'T work, haven't tried them. I got into a big discussion on BadWeb, and offered to send the main opponent beads to try at my cost, the response back was: they can't work, so I won't try them.

I'll add that I have more miles on the beads than many of you have on your bikes and I like them. I also have a Marc Parnes balancer sitting right next to the tire mounter, so I don't run them because I have to.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

They work when you get up to speed... no agument there, but until they get up to speed and balance out the wheel/tire is even more our of balance. that is hard on the tires and thats why the mfgs dont recommend them used in their tires
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                X