X

exhaust. Is this a good deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust. Is this a good deal?

Just curious what you all think. I'd like to get a new pipe and I'm trying to decide. D&D would be too loud from what I hear (I go to work at 3 a.m. & don't want to piss off the neighbors ).
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

oooooooooo CF is sweeeeeeeet

Comment

considering what they cost new, thats a very good deal. hopefully no one will bid against you and drive the price up. if they do, I wouldn't go much over $250.

Comment

oh yeah, 150.00...definately watch that, if u can snag it for under 200.00 you'll have urself a great deal.

I probably wouldnt go any higher than 275.00 myself.

Comment

I tink so.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

thanks guys. So you think the carbon fiber looks good?
            > Vince <

05 Katana 600
            97 Mustang GT
            95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

next best thing to chrome....sometimes better.

Comment

It'll price out around $280 would be my guess (based on current price and the fact that there's still 3 days left)... which would make it high for an used pipe.

Don't want to piss of the neighbors? Find a Suzuki OEM 750 headers & pipe and install that instead... 23% more flow, only slightly more noise.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by vdaily89
                  not me. i am not a fan of the carbon fiber look. never have been. but that is just a question of taste...to each his own.
                  if you have to ask if others think it looks good, it sounds a bit like you are unsure of how you think it looks as well.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yes, after every intake.....exhaust!

Comment

I like the CF look, but I also like the chrome look!

That pipes retails new for $462 and dealer cost is $347 . I can get them for $405 plus shipping from me to you if you want a new one............just for a reference. Used ones like that go for about $250~~
                      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

in all fairness, some cf looks good on certain parts....i guess.....but when it comes to exhaust i prefer chrome or aluminum.

out of curiousity though....cuz i have no experience with cf....how easy is it to maintain and what is it's life expectancy? chrome is kind of a pita, and after several years it can flake and peel. and aluminum is prone to oxydization....so how does cf fair up when it comes to this stuff?
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                          so how does cf fair up when it comes to this stuff?
                          In my experiences, it can last and last, but it usually doesn't fair particularly well with high UV exposures, nor to extremely lean engines (extreme exhaust temps), both of which cause it to brittle up like aged fiberglass. Personally, I'll stick to metal for longevity (a bit of regular cleaning will keep most metal exhausts in good nick for decades -- simple as windex and a paper towel for steel). It tends to do better in bodywork applications because paint acts as an UV sheild.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

In the end, it only matters what you like and what you think will work best for you and ur bike..., we're not the ones who will ride and work on your bike. If you like it go for it, if not go w/ what your gut tells you will work best

Comment

I have the dark blue and I may go with the CF myself. Just because they say there is less of a chance of getting burned. I am not even sure how true that is. But I like the look
                              Ride On,
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X