X

Displaying a parking tag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying a parking tag

Does anyone have any ideas on how to display one of those parking tags (that you'd normally hang on the rear-view mirror of a car) on your Kat? I tried searching here and on Google for some sort of parking tag pouch that locks on the bike somehow, but couldn't find anything.

It would obviously need to be secured somehow so that someone can't just walk up and take my tag

Thanks
    "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

My hubby works at a place where where there is a parking garage and I asked him what they do for bikes. Apparently at his place of employment, you have to go to the office and register the bike. And they issue you some sort of parking tag that has a specific number for your vehicle. He said he looked into it when we were starting to look for bikes.

But I would imagine if you dangled the tag from your handlebars, anything could happen to it...The wind could blow it off or like you said someone could walk off with it. So I dunno! Talk to your personel officer. they maybe able to give you more info.
    KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Re: Displaying a parking tag

Originally posted by Teh_K
      Does anyone have any ideas on how to display one of those parking tags (that you'd normally hang on the rear-view mirror of a car) on your Kat? I tried searching here and on Google for some sort of parking tag pouch that locks on the bike somehow, but couldn't find anything.

It would obviously need to be secured somehow so that someone can't just walk up and take my tag

Thanks
      here in nevada they issue a spaecal sticker to put on your tag like a handicapped sticker

Comment

At USF they have a parking decal for motorcycles. You may want to ask if that is an option (it is with many organizations, like the military and most schools).

I would guess the second possibility is to cut it down (or fold it) as needed, laminate if needed (if it's paper, not weatherproof, etc.), and then drill/punch it & affix to one or two of your bolts -- corner of the license plate, gas tank cap bolt, or front reflector bolt, depending on where you feel it should be displayed.

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I work at a college and what I did was made a copy of my cars tag and lamenated it and zip-tied it to my bike, by the bars. I havent had a problem yet....
          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

this is sort of off topic, but i wonder what would happen if you displayed a handicap sticker that allows you to park in handicap spaces, on a motorcycle,,..lol? they issued me one 15 years ago after my accident, and I still keep it up to date. I rarely use it cuz I am very capable of walking just fine. I do use it once in a while tho....like when it is pouring out or something...lol.
            But I was always curious what a cop would say or do if he saw a motorcycle parked in a handicap spot with the proper sticker...hehe.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

we have stickers at my college for motorcycle parking permits.

as far as the handicapped thing goes... i park my bike wherever the h3ll i want anyhow... usually in the X'd out stripped between handicapped spots or on the ends of the rows.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
                we have stickers at my college for motorcycle parking permits.

as far as the handicapped thing goes... i park my bike wherever the h3ll i want anyhow... usually in the X'd out stripped between handicapped spots or on the ends of the rows.
                ya...I do the same thing. never seem to have a problem cuz of it.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I have one of those mirror things and I got some 1/4 inch plexiglass and cut two pieces a little bigger than the plackard. I put the two pieces together and drilled holes in the four corners and one hole halfway down the side. Sandwich the plackard between the two pieces and bolt them together with short bolts. I put a small bead of silicone around the edge before I bolted the two pieces together to make it weather proof and to ensure it does not fall out. The hole on the side is used to mount it where the front reflector used to be.

Comment

I have to put a sticker on my front fork so I don't have to deal with the stolen permit problem. The stickers are made to rip into a billion little pieces if you try taking one off. I ripped my last two just trying to put them on smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Getnprops
                      I have one of those mirror things and I got some 1/4 inch plexiglass and cut two pieces a little bigger than the plackard. I put the two pieces together and drilled holes in the four corners and one hole halfway down the side. Sandwich the plackard between the two pieces and bolt them together with short bolts. I put a small bead of silicone around the edge before I bolted the two pieces together to make it weather proof and to ensure it does not fall out. The hole on the side is used to mount it where the front reflector used to be.
                      Solid idea, but sounds like too much work. Just tape the thing to the inside windscreen with packing tape. Noone will steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                        this is sort of off topic, but i wonder what would happen if you displayed a handicap sticker that allows you to park in handicap spaces, on a motorcycle,,..lol? they issued me one 15 years ago after my accident, and I still keep it up to date. I rarely use it cuz I am very capable of walking just fine. I do use it once in a while tho....like when it is pouring out or something...lol.
                        But I was always curious what a cop would say or do if he saw a motorcycle parked in a handicap spot with the proper sticker...hehe.

I met a couple of Harley guys at Starbucks 3 nights ago and the older, retired guy had a lower peg leg with an artificial foot attached (left leg). I never thought of the handcapped thing. I'm sure he has one for his car, if he drives a lot.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like some good ideas. For today, I just hooked it around some metal piece where the seat goes on the bike, and locked the seat on top of it.

You can't pull it out that easily, but if you mess with it for about a minute, you'd manage to unhook it somehow. However, I leave campus before it gets dark, so I think it'll be okay for now.
                          "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                            this is sort of off topic, but i wonder what would happen if you displayed a handicap sticker that allows you to park in handicap spaces, on a motorcycle,,..lol?
                            I don't know about other places, but Florida does have a disabled motorcycle license plate.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

We have parking tags for cars at work.. They give one for your bike too, but I just keep it under my seat. The guards have a list of who all has bikes so they just check the plates to verify.

I aint puttin no fugly parking sticker on my bike!

Comment

Working...
                              X