X

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaaaaaaaaay!

Just got my bike back from the shop, she runs GREAT now. No more stalling at idle anymore and she's a lot smoother. New chain and sprockets too. WHOO HOOO! Gonna be a great season.

2000 Katana 600 LOVE IT!
    Last edited by EEEMB; 04-10-2010, 08:57 PM.
    sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Enjoy your ride!
    Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

It's a good feeling when things work as they should
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Hopefully I will soon be feeling your joy. Got a few more minor projects and I will be up and going just like you. Congrats!

Comment

What all did you get done and how much did it cost? Im looking to get my tuned up soon. Thanks.
          2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
          2004 GSXR 600

Comment

I got the carbs cleaned, tuned, and fixed... apparently someone before me tried to superglue gaskets, hoses, and stuff together... friggin nightmare. Drained all the fluids and put fresh brake fluid, oil, and such. Lubed and adjusted the cables, New chain and sprockets, new battery, general check, safety inspection for the state... etc. Cost about $1100.00

Here's the kicker! Friggin bike runs awesome all day, end of the day stalls out twice at red lights and the oil light comes on solid and 1st and second gear are very sluggish and I'm getting some backfiring.... I'm like WTF I JUST HAD THIS FIXED... I get it home look at the Cylinder casing on the left side.... leaking oil... FML! What does that solid oil light mean anyway? I would assume low oil pressure or something right?
            Gonna call then tomorrow like WTF DUDE! You just had the bike for a month.... REALLY!?!? I wish I knew how to do this stuff myself, but I don't have the tools or space to do it. I'm lucky I've got a parking spot.
            Last edited by EEEMB; 04-11-2010, 08:17 PM.
            sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by EEEMB View Post
              WHOO HOOO! Gonna be a great season.

2000 Katana 600 LOVE IT!
              You ever feel you spoke too soon? Well hopefuly the shop will fix it. Was it some part they took off, and screwed up the gasket putting it back together? Good luck.
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                You ever feel you spoke too soon? Well hopefuly the shop will fix it. Was it some part they took off, and screwed up the gasket putting it back together? Good luck.

I don't know, I was so heated that I that I didn't get into it. I figured I'd cool down before looking at it. I went shooting with a friend of mine instead and when i got home I was too tired so I passed out.
                sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Did not sputter and die on me at all today, ran very well actually. Took it back to the guys who fixed it today to show them the oil leak, .... he's like yeah... looks like a head gasket. It's only seeping oil right now, and he was like when it starts to form a puddle of oil on the ground, then worry about it.... I'm like ok? He said the sputtering and stuff sounds like an electrical issue.
                  sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                    I like your pic. You can drag a knee on these, huh? I'm not there yet.

Although... a couple days ago on a superslab, pouring rain, strong gusty winds, hydroplaning sideways leaning into the wind (felt like it, darn D205s), I carefully pulled out to pass someone, being very careful and very mindful of lean and tar strips, etc., but not mindful enough apparently, rear tire hit tar strip while accelerating a little and damn-near tank-slapped to keep her up at 65-70 mph... did I mention my 14yo son was on the back, 18-wheeler a couple hundred feet back, and I guess I have really good reflexes for an old man? I think I coulda dragged a knee a couple-three times! Weird swirly marks on the edges of my tread where my chicken strips should be....

Good thing I was all prayed up!
                    Last edited by crackedpot; 04-12-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crackedpot View Post
                      I like your pic. You can drag a knee on these, huh? I'm not there yet.
                      You can pretty well drag a knee on any bike, I've been riding for 11 years and it's something I always wanted to do, so I taught myself a few years ago. Like I said in another thread. I ride with my azz on the seat 95% of the time, but when I'm at the Dragon that's when I get the 5% out of my system.
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                      X