X

Regrets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regrets?

I may truly regret what I did this afternoon. I'm pretty sure I sold my '89 to a really nice guy who's getting back into riding, and got pretty much what I was asking for it. Supporting my son through his last year of college was a drain financially, and it's just something I knew I had to do. The good news is that he's now graduated and working in his chosen field, and I still have the R1 to play around with. It's hurts to think of it being gone though. It was like a security blanket that I could always depend on.
    I recommended that he join KR for any and all advice he may need in the future. I truly know how valuable this site is. So.... even though I'm basically "Katless"...... I still consider this my "home". If finances improve, as they should, I'll be in the market for another Kat next summer.... or a Bandit 1250S........ I guess it's part of life's "journey". So be it.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do right, Don't think of it as losing a kat, think of it as gaining a KR family member

Comment

I suppose...... just feels weird.
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I think it would be strange if you did not feel a little weird.
        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
        sigpic

Comment

Once a biker always a biker no matter what you ride mate. Just look forward to getting that new Kat next year.
          Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

Know how you feel. I still miss my '84 Interceptor. The Kat's a great bike and all but I keep comparing it. Not fair and all since they're different bikes but...
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Truth be told..... the Kat was my form of "therapy" when I bought it. After a divorce and gaining custody of my four kids, I needed an escape and that's what it afforded me. It's not like it was my first bike, and it's certainly not going to be my last. If nothing else, there's a sentimental attachment because of what its been able to help me through. I do have the R1 to depend on, but it's just not the same emotionally as I bought it as a "stepping stone" to move up to a Bandit 1250S. I just hope he treats it right as it was in excellent shape. Who knows????.... I may have a riding bud since he lives only 30 minutes upriver from here. I guess everything happens for a reason. Karma.
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

It's funny how my riding my Kat seems to ease the stress in my life, i.e. crazy baby mommas, work, etc. Then I look at all the time I have put in to fixing/modding it and I can't imagine selling it. So having some type of emotional attachment to your bike must make it hard to let go. Like you said you still have the R1 even though it is not the same at least your still on two wheels.
                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                sigpic

Comment

True enough...... and I shouldn't complain. It's just weighing on my mind right now. Tomorrow's another day.
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Slo, I know what its like to " lose " a bike. I was real attached to my Harley years ago and it was my therapy too. Never let me down and always there when I needed it. When I gave up drinking 6 years ago I also gave the bike back to Harley and it was weird and it hurt. Anyway, Your Kat will be happy with the new owner as he will be for her. You have grown responsibile with your decision and keep the Kat memories to yourself..............Kat96
                    sigpic

Comment

You have no idea how much I've regretted selling my '99 Kat. Especially when I was having problems with the Busa. I was jonesing really bad for two wheels. Nice to have the luxury of a spare bike (gas prices and traffic was starting to become an issue). I don't know if the guy I sold it to is still riding but I have half a mind to look him up and see if he wants to sell it back. I'm pretty sure if I had the Kat to ride I would have passed on the current bike and continued saving for the Gen2 Busa I wanted. I wasn't being impatient when I bought it, it was more of a necessity - commuting 100 miles a day in the car is evil.

Even though I don't have the cash I still cruise CL looking for a cheap 98+ every now and then.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, man that bike was great looking, well hope to still get down your way this yr for a ride if you still want to. you have to do what you have to do.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Mike...... I'd love it if you came down this way and we could take in some of what this area has to offer. I'm heading North to the Sault in July so let's aim for early August . I'm in the middle of renovations and it should be done by then (depending on the weather..lol)
                          Well..... the exchange happened tonight.....signed the papers.... took the cash.... and he's already been in KR to take a peak. I may have "lost" the Kat, but I may have found a new friend, and he and his family seem really decent. Odd thing is .....I now have to change my Avatar etc...... but I don't plan on going elsewhere to learn more about bikes as we're all life-long learners and there's no forum like KR..... trust me on that one. The journey continues.
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                          X