No announcement yet.
X

my bike and girlfriend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problems with the wife about my riding.
    She got curious about what made me love riding so much so she took MSF to learn.
    Still terrifies her to ride but she wanted to experience something that was special to me.

Originally posted by Nero View Post
    ... Don't forget to duck immediately following...

Last edited by tdrcomm; 04-08-2010, 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      Tell her that the time to object to the bike is when you were buying the thing, then tell her 'shut the F* up' and 'go get me a beer before I smack you with the back of my pimp-hand'.

Don't forget to duck immediately following...
      sigpic
      -Cory-
      1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

I have more of an issue keeping her off mine!
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Get her her own bike. I got my wife a bike for her first birthday after we got married and she hasn't wanted to ride b**ch since! The wife likes the cruiser style bikes because she feels like she's in better control sitting up like that. I spotted an '84 VF700 Magna last night on e-bay for $1600. Cruiser styling and SMOOTH riding V-4 engine. Get your girl something like that with the excuse that a HD costs too much for right now and she'll learn just how inferior a HD really is.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

The first few months I was riding my wife was always more nervous for me than anything. Now that I've been going at it a while she keeps asking me when she is going to get a helmet and gear. She doesn't really ever nag me about stuff, which is nice...We pair well together because she's happy with nothing in life and I love all the cool gadgets and "stuff". Needless to say, I take her share. Only thing the wife is a little "testy" about lately is my upcoming purchase of a Macbook Pro. Like any non-techno wife, she doesn't understand why I can't just get the cheapest one...DUH!

Comment

I'm the wife ... I ride ... end of problem.
              Guylaine
              Try and keep up now

Comment

All relationships are give and take, of course... (well, healthy one's are...) but at the same time...

You teach others how to treat you. If you allow people in your life to make fun of you... then your practically asking for them to keep doing it.

You don't have to be rude, or express it with anger... but you do have to express it seriously, that it isn't acceptable, and explain why it isn't acceptable. And then... (here is the important step)... follow through with it. You have to show them there are consequences to their actions towards you.

Or...

You can just tuck tail and continue to moan and groan about it. Some people groove on that.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

[QUOTE=ajsnow6234;1924009]The first few months I was riding my wife was always more nervous for me than anything..... {/QUOTE]

wow...a comma could really change how that first sentence reads....
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

my wife is the same way but I had a bike before we got together so she knows that she can eather come for a ride or stay at home!

Comment

My wife hates riding on the back of my folk's HD's b/c she can't see anything. She loves being up high on the back of the Kat so she can see over my head... She doesn't mind when I'm out alone, but would rather be on the back than at home.
                      Land of the free because of the brave

Comment

So....is she mad that you ride at all? Or just mad that you don't ride a harley?

My wife hated that I rode at all, she constantly felt that I would die at any moment in a terrible fiery crash. Track days were nearly impossible, because she REALLY thought I would die at those (my constant "the track is safer than the street" speeches didn't help).

Then I put her on a dirtbike. she liked that, so I put her on an old beat up Honda CX500. She liked that, and now she rides a Kat. She loves riding now, and doesn't care if I do.

People are scared of things they don't understand. let her ride a dirtbike, let her see what it's all about, and that they aren't screaming death machines that Kerplode randomly, and maybe that will help.

on the other hand, if she likes riding, but just doesn't like your bike, then I can't help you there. I'd trade her in for a new wife.

Comment

I have a girlfriend that hates bikes in general she said its the bike or me i told her the bike isnt goin nowhere and neither are you. her cousin got into a atv crash couple years ago went into a coma shes scared im going to kill my self i told her i might only be 23 but im not some little idiot on a crouch rocket doin wheelies and flyin through traffic the fastest i ever got up to was 85 and that was trying to get out of some jerk***s way but nomatter what i told her she just dosent want to her it so i just say ok and do what i need to do

Comment

Originally posted by poscarguy View Post
                            does anyone else on here have a problem with there wife or girlfriend hating that they ride...... i catch all kinda of hell from my girlfriend cause i ride. she grew up with her dad and family riding HD. and she despises crotch rockets. ive been with her for 2.5 years and have kids together..... and its like damn she didnt make it easy for me but she did let me spend the money on the bike and now gives me nothing but hell....
                            I get crap all the time, but I am used to it, I told her with all the girls in the house(wife and 3 doughters) I need a way out. Told here to get use to it cause its not going anywhere. Then she called me selfish. 7 months later she is entertaining the idea of 2up.....so I think the bike is rubbing off on her. Give her time, she will be on the back in no time.
                            She NEEEDS to trust you 100% for her to feel comfortable about you being on a bike....In my OP
                            Last edited by WildSide; 04-08-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

My wife seems to be interested in riding now that she realized my girlfriend rides with me all the time...*grin*

2006 Katana 750
                              2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
                              2003 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Precisely why I don't want a gf at this point. I can't seem to find any women that will put up with my constant riding. They seem to get really ****ed when you ditch there family get togethers to go for a ride....idk whats up with that

Comment

Working...
                                X