X

I got great news!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got great news!!

I just saved a ton of money on my bike insurance by swithing to Geiko.

Well, not Geiko, but I did save $100.

I originally wasn't planning on puting insurance back on the bike for the remainder of the year, and thought I could manage not riding for the rest of the season. I was even seriously thinking about selling. But I took wed and thur off last week to go run some errands. One was to renew my license plates. I just couldn't bring myself to not renew the bike plates and make it official, so I took a run over to the place I have my truck ins through and got a quote from Kingsway. It came in $100 cheaper, AND they allow me to make payments (4 equal for 1 year coverage) instead of eveything up front. So needless to say I couldn't sign the papers quick enough

So now I'm back on the road and I learned a very important lesson. Never again will i go without a bike. It was only a month without it, but it was a very misserable month for me, and eveybody else around me

Thats awesome Dan!!! Glad you were able to get some affordable insurance!! Not having you on a Kat would have just not been right!

Ive been bikeless, well sort of for about a month now as I waited to get my new rear tire, and yes it most definately sucks all kinds of arse! You're grumpy, irritable, depressed, a just all around miserable to deal with..my wife knows that all too well

Comment

Yes , bikes are good . And I DO have Geiko , and it's the cheapest I've seen yet , actually .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Kingsway service with bikes is awful (at least around here, I think BG can vouch too) but I have found them to be one fo the cheapest.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Yes , bikes are good . And I DO have Geiko , and it's the cheapest I've seen yet , actually .
          I think a lot of it varies with location... the cheapest "good" insurance I've ever had in the USA was through electric insurance ( www.electricinsurance.com -- formerly GE Employee Insurance Services) -- they came in at about 50% of geiko's price annually on my Audi's, VW & Volvo, and paid out $2.5k higher on a total loss than geiko would have as well with zero hassles. Always worth getting a quote from... don't know if they cover bikes though...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
            Kingsway service with bikes is awful (at least around here, I think BG can vouch too) but I have found them to be one fo the cheapest.
            Ya, i've also heard horror stories about kingsway. I'm waiting for Haggi to jump in here and call me an idiot for going with kingsway . But hopefully I wont need any of their "services"

Comment

I also got a quote from state farm. They were $2400. $1100 more than what I pay now. The sad part is that she was "adjusting my quote" to see what it would be once I turn 25. $543 a year. I almost cried right now I pay just under $1400 a year.

2 more years, 2 more years

Comment

Geico gave me a ridiculously high quote for my insurance. In fact, it was the highest out of any of the companies I called. Progressive and GMAC were the lowest out of the companies that I called.

Comment

its been OVER a month since I have riden...but congrats to you....and...YOU SUCK!

Comment

You cant judge insurance companies on a quote they gave you or someone you know. There are so many variables to what your quote will be.

That being said, I just switched to Geico and I saved 50% from what I paid to Progresive last year
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Try to avoid being bikeless at all costs!!!!

Comment

Well Dan I hope that you never ever need there service as they SUCK. They are the same company as JAVCO(same company different divisions). Make sure you ride really safe for the next two years and as soon as you can switch to State Farm or some other compnay that is not associated to them.......but on the upside glad you have some insurance so you can still ride.....:P
                        Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by midqetsex
                          Geico gave me a ridiculously high quote for my insurance. In fact, it was the highest out of any of the companies I called. Progressive and GMAC were the lowest out of the companies that I called.
                          I just got a quote from Geico... $110 annually for the same coverage Progressive is charging me $711 for. Looks like it's time to switch.
                          01000010 01101001 01101100 01101100 01111001 01000010 01100001 01100100 01000001 01110011 01110011

Comment

Glad to hear your back on the road Dan.
                            Kyle

Comment

Thanks Woobie. You don't really realize how much you miss something until you can't do it anymore

Now i'm just waiting for Batgirl to post up about one of those sunday rides again. After this weekend my sundays are free (no more ball) so I should be able to make one. Plus I have to get down that way before the Lexington rally. I have something for Jackal to take down with him. Don't think i'll be able to make it myself.

I'd also like to make a trip up to Ottawa to see, and meet the rest of the Ottawa gang before the end of the year. If anybody is interested post up.

Comment

Working...
                              X