X

I ride a Kat... a what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ride a Kat... a what?

I find it odd that when you talk to other riders, hell even dealers, and they ask what you ride, you tell them, " I ride a Kat 750 or 600 Kat", and they're like a what? Im like, "a katana", and they're like ooohhh, ok.. I didnt know they called them kats ?

If somebody tells you they ride a gixxer, we all perfectly well what they mean.. or a Duc, same thing. Comon people, get w/ the program, its a Kat, its been around for a LONG time!!

But I guess getting a confused look is better than getting a bunch of shiate when they hear u ride a katana, huh!

I've had people respond the same way.

Comment

This site is the first I've ever heard/seen it.

Comment

Really? that strikes me as odd.. Ive referred to katana's as kats for a long time even before I got one..

guess we'll just have to continue to educate them

Comment

Hell, even when I say I ride a 'Katana', they're STILL like, "a what?"
          "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_K
            Hell, even when I say I ride a 'Katana', they're STILL like, "a what?"
            That's what I get most. At that point I usually just say "Suzuki 750" or "a fast one" because the model obviously means nothing to them and I might as well be talking in a different language.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Try riding an RF600 or RF900 (Manta Ray?) and see what they say...

=-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Try riding an RF600 or RF900 (Manta Ray?) and see what they say... :grins:

=-= The CyberPoet
                A what?

Comment

A guy I work with sometimes asked me the other day if I bought a bike. I told him "yes, I bought a Kat." He said "I don't know what that is." He used to ride a Katana himself. Duh?!?!

Comment

call it a GSXF...... see what ya get then.......
                    '07 SV1000S
                    Power Commander III USB
                    M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
                    Driven 520 chain kit
                    Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

I got the same thing while helmet shopping in a motorcycle accessory shop during one of our recent trips to Orlando. After explaining that a "Kat 600" was a Katana the guy responds with an arrogant smirk "yeah, I guess that does make it sound a little cooler." We left with our spending money still in our pockets.

Comment

I just say "it's a beat-up old blue Suzuki" .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by JesterGfx
                          I got the same thing while helmet shopping in a motorcycle accessory shop during one of our recent trips to Orlando...
                          If you're in the area and need a helmet, I'd really highly recommend visiting the helmet shop in Daytona Beach (www.helmetshop.com). Great prices, the biggest helmet selection I've ever seen. Pop in, try it on, then figure out if it's cheaper to pay local taxes or shipping by ordering it from home

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            I just say "it's a beat-up old blue Suzuki" .
                            that just keeps going and going and going and going...

Comment

Originally posted by Black
                              This site is the first I've ever heard/seen it.
                              same here. And I never refered to my bike as a kat, even after I heard it. Except on here of course
                              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
                              X