X

SONUVABEOOOOTCH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SONUVABEOOOOTCH

So... I dropped my Kat for the THIRD time... yeah... thats three times... today pulling up to my garage after work. Our rear parking lot is nothing but gravel about the site of a quarter or so... i cut it a little too hard... front went out... down she went.

Damage Assessment:

- Broken mounting tab on upper-right fairing under headlight
    - Scratches on upper-right and lower-right fairing
    - Busted corner out of front-right turn signal
    - Dents in stock exhaust pipe

So... any advice... other than "Stop dropping your bike retard!"?

I'm thinking....

- Clear Alternatives signal lenses...
    - Aftermarket Slip-On Exhaust...
    - Sand down plastics and have them repainted...

(I'm post pics tomorrow)
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Bad things happen in 3's, so you're done
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

"Stop dropping your bike retard!"

Nope sorry thats all I got.
      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Wow, that really sux.. hopefully lady luck will again be able to shine on you for awhile.

If you have the chance to get some clear alternatives and a nice slip on, I say go for it!

Repairing minimally damaged plastics is almost always cheaper than replacing..and there's good places to get it done as well if u cant do it yourself.

Comment

Put your feet out when traveling over that gravel (to help stabilize you). Start parking next door or at the closest paved lot. Consider buying some concrete and building a parking spot for the bike. Buy off-road or all-terrain tires. Get a lighter bike, like a dirt bike.

Nope... I got nothing.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

my 0,104 DKK (roughly two US Cents)

Pave over the entire rear parking lot
            -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Sorry to hear that Sam. Are you still good to ride on Saturday? All the aftermarket stuff you mention is what I would do, but i'd think twice about spending a bunch of money on nice stuff if I'm just gonna drop my bike!

Sorry dude, I couldn't resist.

Comment

By the way, have you just dropped it in the parking lot? Or anywhere else?

My bike fell over the first time I tried to put it on the center stand. She was brand new and all shiny and it just ruined my day. I scratched the right fairing in a couple of places and a couple of the decals, put an almost unnoticeable crack in the right turn signal and scuffed up the handlebar end a little. I was on blacktop with a little gravel. That stuff just sucks. I'm over it now since it really doesnt't look that bad and I will fix the scratches when I do eventually paint it. (maybe winter 2006-2007) Knock on wood, I've been really lucky so far.

We must be sick to put so much effort into something that can fall over and get damaged so easily.

Makes me want to put sliders on.

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                  Crap, I only have two...

Comment

Gees maybe look into training wheels :P

Comment

You might consider those oversized decorative concrete slabs, you can get them in 4x4 size lay a path right up to your garage.. just be careful you dont swing it wide and go back into the gravel again

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Sam. If it's any consolation, I know how you feel. But for the most part, the 3's rule applies. Totalled my first bike, dropped my second a few times (being an enduro it takes several drops to count as one "real" drop) & third, dropped my 5th bike in a parking lot. Nothing since then & that was 6 bikes ago. Fix it, do something with the parking area & be more aware. That's all I've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                          Originally posted by Katgirl
                          Crap, I only have two...

That's alright, I'm on to my second round of 3's
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

As for everyones advice... :smt097. (just kidding)

Paving the parking lot isnt exactly an option, as i've asked the owner of my complex to do so many times already.

As far as the legs out thing goes... it wouldnt have helped because the primary cause was me turning too sharp... and then using the front brake (DOH) which I knew better than to do.

FreightDog... Yeah, i'm definately down for riding this weekend still.

If anyone has a 98+ exhaust in good shape that they want to get rid of, PM me. I'd prefer to find a non-D&D aftermarket slip-on at a good "poor college student" price, but would take a D&D or even a stock can into consideration.

I'm ordering some C.A. turn signal lenses... just can't decide if I want clear or smoke ones. The smoke would look sweet on my black Kat, however they don't sell a smoke 98-02 taillight and i think it may look goofy if they do not match each other.

Body guys... let me know what you think about my plastics from the pics... i'm hoping to repair them and have them repainted over the winter. I already wanted to get my tank repaired and painted, so i may as well add plastics to the list.

the pics...

Dinged Exhaust
                            Lower Scratches
                            Busted Turn Signal
                            Upper Fairing Damage
                            Upper Fairing Damage
                            Upper Fairing Damage
                            I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Unless you've really got the money to get another exhaust... don't worry about it... it's not that bad... maybe you might wanna consider gettin over your perfectionism before you proceed.

Not critism, just good advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X