No announcement yet.
X

SONUVABEOOOOTCH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fairings don't look too bad in the pics.
    I think with alot of sanding and a new coat of paint they will be fine.. BigCorey had the clear lenses on his Kat when he had it, They look realy slick on a black Kat..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

take your lower fairings and rear fairings off too, and repaint the whole bike the same color while your at it....

that bike looks like it's been in some sort of off-road derby. I would try to be more carefull with it, once you fix it up again.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I was goin "ooooh!", "owwww!", "OHHH!" every time I clicked on one!

Ribbing aside, I feel your pain!

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
          As for everyones advice... :smt097. (just kidding)

Paving the parking lot isnt exactly an option, as i've asked the owner of my complex to do so many times already.

As far as the legs out thing goes... it wouldnt have helped because the primary cause was me turning too sharp... and then using the front brake (DOH) which I knew better than to do.

FreightDog... Yeah, i'm definately down for riding this weekend still.

If anyone has a 98+ exhaust in good shape that they want to get rid of, PM me. I'd prefer to find a non-D&D aftermarket slip-on at a good "poor college student" price, but would take a D&D or even a stock can into consideration.

I'm ordering some C.A. turn signal lenses... just can't decide if I want clear or smoke ones. The smoke would look sweet on my black Kat, however they don't sell a smoke 98-02 taillight and i think it may look goofy if they do not match each other.

Body guys... let me know what you think about my plastics from the pics... i'm hoping to repair them and have them repainted over the winter. I already wanted to get my tank repaired and painted, so i may as well add plastics to the list.

the pics...

Dinged Exhaust
          Lower Scratches
          Busted Turn Signal
          Upper Fairing Damage
          Upper Fairing Damage
          Upper Fairing Damage
          Yeah using the front brake while slow speed manuevering is a big no no. When parking and other low speed manuevers I only use the rear brake unless I'm going completely strait. This is one of the things from the MSF class that really stuck with me and has helped alot. I also routinely drag the rear brake slightly to stabilize the bike on sketchy surfaces and while doing low speed mauevers. No more Dropping OK
          92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
            "Stop dropping your bike retard!"

Nope sorry thats all I got.
            Yup. That about covers it.
            "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

After all of the crap I gave you, I dropped mine again today! I was pulling out of a gas station when a cager cut me off and slowed too much. I did the "almost stopped, balancing the bike" thing without putting my feet down. When I went to go, the sunofabitch stalled, feet flat on the pegs...and down we went! I was thinking about you and laughed my a$$ off about it!

I didn't even know what I did until I picked it up and got started again. When I went to kick the shifter down, I realized I was in third gear and forgot to downshift. I'm such an a-hole!

All it did was add a little to the existing rash with a couple of light scratches on the muffler, right side mirror, signal generator cover and about double the scratches on the upper fairing. Like I said, if I'm gonna do stupid shite like that, why spend money fixing the damn thing up? Maybe we should have a second set of plastics for picture day and then use the crappy rashed ones for riding.

Comment

Working...
              X