X

Wow.. Guy on local board.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.. Guy on local board.

I just found a local riding website called LouisvilleRiders.com. Anyway, been posting for about a week. There was a thread on working out. Somehow it shifted to how this guy smokes weed all the time. He is one of the moderators and posts more than anyone. Someone asked him if he gets high and rides. He says "hell yeah...I smoke all the time, so I'm normal when I'm high." I was at a loss. I was wanting to hook up and ride with these guys, but now I don't think I want to if he's going to be there. He's kinda mouthy anyways. This is the same guy who said you are a p***y if you wear full gear to ride in town.
    Do you all know guys like this?

Here is a link to the thread where he says he smokes:
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

Yeah, my friends who taught me to ride SAID they were all about being safety and having fun, but i've learned that they are speed addicts whether they believe it or not. I dont ride with them all that much anymore.

They do wear their gear, but i do not like going anything over 10 the posted speed limit and they eaily do 25+ over all the time.

I havent had a traffic ticket in 5-6 years and dont plan to get one just because they are idiots.

Comment

Dude....I'm sorry to say that that mod on your local forum is a jacka$$!!! He gets high so he can be normal???? WTF is that????Kinda makes you wonder what the other guys are like.

Well I actually have someone in mind sho says, "Gear is for p******"! We all call him SQUIDJaime! He is the biggest loser in the world. He's even gone as far as to call Matt (WildKat) out for defending me. I hate arsehole people!!!

Only thing I can say hon, is IF you DO go riding with these guys, make sure that particular mod isn't with you. And see if you can dig up anything on the other riders. As to whether they are safe and cautious riders or just plain stupid Squids! Not saying they are, but I just want you to be safe.
      KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

I've smoked my share of weed in the day before I had kids so I don't knock people too hard if that's what they are into, we all have our vice. I like beer, mmmm beeer
        Still even when I was a toker I never would have dreamed of getting on a bike high and I damned sure wouldn't be advertising about it on a public forum.

Sounds like your probably lucky that you found out now before getting too involved with them and hooking up to ride. Who knows, dude may have been behind you and spaced that you were stopping or setting up for a curve and slammed you 'cause he was bakin'.

It really is unfortunate that some people just don't have the common sense to know that bikes aren't a game and will get you dead or worse by being stupid.. i.e being stoned and riding without gear. Darwin will be along shortly to collect his prize I am sure. Best that you are not there to witness or be a victim.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Yeah, I have absolutely nothing against people smoking weed. I also smoked my fair share back in the day before kids, job, etc... Hell there are a lot of times I'm really tempted now. But I would never get on a bike or behind the wheel of a car high. I used to drink & drive (which is the dumbest thing I've ever done) and even got a DUI. Since then I've never done it again. Everyone makes mistakes, it's just whether you're smart enough to learn from them. Wow, I think I got sidetracked.

As far as this guy goes, I'm not planning on going on any rides that he is involved in. Everyone else on the board seems really cool and level-headed. This guy comes off as some macho, arrogant, jerk and don't need that sh**. I love to ride, not to get put down by some jerk-off for wearing gear or not keeping up with his stoner a**.
          > Vince <

05 Katana 600
          97 Mustang GT
          95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Smokin the ganja is purely a matter of principal..either you believe its ok to some degree or you dont...but either way, its makes absolutely ZERO sense to ride impaired in any fashion; drunk, high, exhausted, etc.

Comment

I don't care if he smokes. I don't care if he rides without gear. I don't care if Darwinism takes over at some point when he combines the two... He's already proven his point (that he's looking for trouble & not the smartest idiot out there) by lauding in a public forum that he smokes & rides together...

I think you need to show up to one of their rides, just so you can ID all the people you NEVER WANT TO BE AROUND IN TRAFFIC... then go the other way.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I had a guy at work the other day bragging because he drove drunk this weekend. He is in his late 30's and was going into detail about it, like how he forgot to turn his lights on.... Now what do you say to that? People are losers and always will be.
                I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

Originally posted by tungsten
                  I had a guy at work the other day bragging because he drove drunk this weekend. He is in his late 30's and was going into detail about it, like how he forgot to turn his lights on.... Now what do you say to that? People are losers and always will be.
                  If someone like that hit my family and did damage i guarentee that he/she would be drinking everything from a straw from that point forward. If they even lived through it after i am done. No excuse for riding high or driving drunk.
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                    Originally posted by tungsten
                    If someone like that hit my family and did damage i guarentee that he/she would be drinking everything from a straw from that point forward. If they even lived through it after i am done. No excuse for riding high or driving drunk.
                    +1 on that.

Comment

The bottom line is this: There has to be other groups in your area to ride with, if not, you truly will be better off riding alone than with those goons.

Comment

There's lots of other groups in the area vdaily....

http://louisvillemojo.com/ and go to the mojocycle group on mojo live.

http://lou-evilpsycles.com/nuke/ Local Louisville guys.

http://www.wildcatriders.com/index.php If you feel like going to Lexington.

Comment

ok... i know lots of people that smoke & ride, drink & ride, etc.

the way i see it, you are your own person... so don't worry about what the other people are doing.

if they are impaired, just make sure you ride in front of them... that way if they wipe out they dont take you with them.

if you don't like their attitude/personality... then dont ride with them just for the sake of riding with a group.

i ride mostly alone because everyone around here likes to stunt on public roads... half of them don't even know how to handle twisties... but they have to problem doing 80+ down the interstate on one wheel.
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I'll ride with you .
                            And yes , I've been pulled over for ne reason . Driving late at night , in the country , with REALLY long hair . Cops don't like me for some reason .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61
                              There's lots of other groups in the area vdaily....

http://louisvillemojo.com/ and go to the mojocycle group on mojo live.

http://lou-evilpsycles.com/nuke/ Local Louisville guys.

http://www.wildcatriders.com/index.php If you feel like going to Lexington.
                              thanks man, I'll check those out.
                              > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                              97 Mustang GT
                              95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X