X

Rusted Pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusted Pipe

Just noticed that i have a small rusted out slit where the bottom end of the thick part the pipe connects to the narrower part. I assume this only makes the thing louder and doesnt neccessarily hurt anything?

Re: Rusted Pipe

Originally posted by Flip
    Just noticed that i have a small rusted out slit where the bottom end of the thick part the pipe connects to the narrower part. I assume this only makes the thing louder and doesnt neccessarily hurt anything?
    If you're talking about where the header connects to the mid-pipe, there are four slits there (one every 90 degrees) which are designed to help the fitment -- they're usually held down by a circular clamp which holds the opening flanges tight against the midpipe.

If that's not the case, you need to do something about it, because it would mean exhaust fumes rising up to your face at stop lights.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The slit is here, the arrow points to it and it was defenitely created by rust, dangerous?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip
        The slit is here, the arrow points to it and it was defenitely created by rust, dangerous?

http://www.katriders.com/forums/albu...php?pic_id=852
        Contact D&D and ask them -- it's their pipe. It's definitely not the spot I was thinking you were talking about... but aside from loss of hearing, I doubt it will make any difference to your engine or your riding.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

How old is the pipe ?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            How old is the pipe ?
            the bike itself is a 99 and i think the previous owner bought the bike and pipe together.

Comment

Working...
            X