X

question about the shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the shock

Ok I got the shock in to the ZX9R and attached the line and the little tank to the frame what is the extra cylinder for it had a valve on it like a bicycle? the shock is a little soft is that for me to adjust with air on stiffness?
    sigpic

Check the manual, that may have to be charged with nitrogen. I believe air will heat up and expand whereas nitrogen is an inert gas and remains constant. I believe Cyberpoet will step in and give the proper explanation and answer.

Comment

That's for your damping , I believe . Don't know if it'll be rebound or compression (I'm tired , and it's been a while since I read about those) . Yeah , if it's old enough or has enough miles on it , it may need recharged .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks guys. Matt do you know if I can get that somewhere or do I have to take it to the shop?

How are the bags?

Joe
        sigpic

Comment

Re: question about the shock

Originally posted by KAT6
          Ok I got the shock in to the ZX9R and attached the line and the little tank to the frame what is the extra cylinder for it had a valve on it like a bicycle? the shock is a little soft is that for me to adjust with air on stiffness?
          (A) If it's the stock ZX-9R shock, that's a remote gas cartridge.
          (B) I got a write up on what to look for on ZX-9R's in the back of the last issue of TWO. You can borrow mine or find your own copy at Barnes & Nobles here in Tampa.
          (C) The write up says the OEM shock is soft.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X