No announcement yet.
X

Katana Hater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first bike was a ninja 500 nice bike loved it, got my Kat at first i hated it seriously hated it i even looked at it one day and said fu i want something newer. then me and plz dun laugh "cheetarah" (as im cheetah printing it) have been through alot together 2 accidents and she still purs like the day i got her. now i wouldnt ask for ne other bike, i love her more then well ill say it my mom. my bike means the world to me. Granted i beat her somedays and dont always take the best care of her but she is mine and she lets me ride n ride with no bitc**** at all. my best friend rides a 05 R1 and he said my bike is way more comfortable then his not faster but more comfortable. all my friends ride faster bikes, R1, Busa, ZX-7, Um i think a YZF (yamahas touring bike), R6, GSXR's and only one of them said get a new bike. i told him in these words "Hey man i love my kat, just cuz i dont go out buy a fing R1 or gsxr or busa u wanna tell me to get a new bike? what happened to rider love? fu and your busa yeah it may be faster but what is that saying when someone sees u on a busa? you got little dick syndrome." he didnt say a word but id like to see your kat when its done. f them haters i love my kat now and i wont trade or sell her for nething else in the world (but maybe a one night stand with jessica alba lol) but the point is we are the katanas we make them what they are. Screw the ppl that talk down about them 90% of them are squids ne ways. (omfg my SS is so much faster then ur katnana but ill be dead in aless then a year cuz i dont wear a helmet or leathers) When some one asks what i ride i say a Kan O tuna and there like really? im like yep and i love it wanna say something bad about it? (bad temper here) again f them, its not what u ride if its if you ride. tell them haters **** off or take it around the block guarantee they say man that is on comfortable bike. and all you have to say is "yeah it sure is now get ur *** back on that SS and go deal with the pain in ur back" enough said (sorry for the rant been drinking and kat haters upset me cuz they dont understand the bike nor have they rode one.)
    Last edited by TheCheetorProject; 03-14-2011, 06:53 AM. Reason: drunk typos
    J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

I knew that Katana's didn't get much love before I ever bought mine.. I sold my ninja 500 (which also didn't get much love in the sportbike world) and started shopping for a Katana because I liked the look of them. I wanted a sport-touring bike, not a super-sport so I did my homework and the Katana couldn't be beat for what I was looking for. The only real trade off for me was F/I but I'm okay with that. Just buy what you like and enjoy riding..
      sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS! A sport touring bike, that can handle 600 miles a day. It's capable for anything (except off road ) ....
        I had to take mine over crushed concrete a few weeks ago to get to a job trailer.... went real slow and had no issues.. hows THAT for off road LOLOLOLOLOL
        '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

One of the major magazines (Cycle World?) recently had an article listing the ten top used bikes and the Katana 1100 was on the list.
          I went for a ride on my Katana 1100 yesterday, did some errands (to save gas, ya know!)on it.
          It might be last weekend for a while that I'll ride her.
          Next saturday, I am picking uo a new 2011 silver Concours 14 abs. I'll drive it home, a 1000 mile trip that will take over the rockies.
          When i get home, I'll park the connie next to the 20 year old katana. I'll keep the katana around, will have a hard time parting with it.

Comment

Yeah, Cycle World lists the Katana as one of the top ten best bikes of all time and one ten worst bikes of all time in the same issue.

Comment

So far I have no issues with the kat barring my fat azz on a 600. lol Its fairly light " dam wind " easy to throw around and decent on the pep side. Im kinda speed knutz for an old dude so I tend to keep her buzzin in the 8-11k range twistin. So its fairly responsive. As all said it is very comfortable but to give credit elsewhere my 93 gsxr 750 was just as comfortable. I will keep the kat no matter what now tho as my oldest son had his 1st street ride on her so it will goto him in 6 yrs.
              Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
                anyone ever hates on a kat show them arsenics dream project http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/index.htm

all of those except waltari's was,is or going to be over 130hp
                I doubt the dream will be over 130 HP, but the new one will, 1216 CC's I'm pretty sure it'll do.

Comment

Fact: Nick Ienatsch, author of "the Pace" and the book "Sport Riding Techniques" as well as being an acomplished author, racer and world class instructor, what was the first bike he ever raced? Katana. Any other questions?

Comment

Originally posted by WildSide View Post
                    ya i agree with ya the Kat is for realworld riding and the SS bikes are for the track. Its just that simple! If anyone gives me a hard time about my Kat i just tell them that i don't give a S#!t what they think. It's my bike, not theres!

if they could even go 4hrs without having to get gas!
                    If I didn't have different sprockets my r6 would get about as far as my Kat
                    Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
                    Suggest your co-worker take a 4-hour tour with you sometime. After about 45 minutes, and his back is killing him, mebbe he'll get it.
                    My back hurts more on the Kat but my butt hurts more on the r6. I rode for 6 hours the other day for the first time on my SS and found myself aching a lot less than times I'd done the same on the Kat. I think it's my short arms that does me in on the Kat. I'm not very tall and I think this has a lot to do with it(not flat footed on the Kat and far from it on the 6). I have two rants for things that I plan on fixing on the Kat...
                    1. I have to kinda lean to the bars, it's an awkward angle... I would like to be either leaned or upright rather than almost upright. I plan on getting a 750 triple tree for the higher bars, to hopefully solve this.
                    2. I have the biggest windscreen I could find and it leaves me wanting(the naturally leaned angle on my 6 does a better job). I will probably make one custom.

And for anyone talking about insurance... I don't see hardly any difference in rates between the 2 bikes... that's just me and my quotes.
                    Originally posted by HungLow View Post
                    Yeah i did about 2 months ago, some tard kids starting to talk crap at a bar about the suzukis that my friend and i were driving he has a bandit 1200, the kids were driving little ninjas so i turn around and told them that if i had the body of a 15 year old girl i would also fit into a ninja, + i was the one driving the Kat not them, i guess they didnt like the answer and got a bit mad, now i guess it comes with age or some people are just stupid, im 6'1" 245 my friend is 6'6" 255 both ex military, this kids where no older then 24 probably 160 lbs each 3 of them and still they tried to take us on, well as you can imagine i think the hate katanas and suzuki overall more now.
                    I thin I have the body of a 15 year old girl...
                    I can certainly see WHY the Katana gets a lot of negative comments. Compared to modern sport bike and modern engineering the 1985 platform the Katana engine is based on, really is a dinosaur. With that said, I know a great deal about bikes in general, I understand why, that doesn't mean I agree. First off when some 18 year old kid says something negative about a Kat, because mommy and daddy bought him a new GSXR, that bugs me. There are two ways to look at this. If you compare a Katana to a modern crotch rocket (cause it looks like a crotch rocket right?) It is absolutely horrible in comparison. If you look at the Katana from a design standpoint, what Suzuki made it to be. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS! A sport touring bike, that can handle 600 miles a day. It's capable for anything (except off road ) but it doesn't excel at anything. It's bulletproof in design, it's a VERY capable machine.
                    Probably the best sum up on this topic
                    Yeah, Cycle World lists the Katana as one of the top ten best bikes of all time and one ten worst bikes of all time in the same issue.
                    Probably because people think it is a SS and gets all confused like...

I am very proud of my r6 and my Kat still needs quite a bit cosmetically and I confess I found myself wanting to tell someone about my r6 when they commented on the Kat. I caught myself... I am not going to justify my Kat with a SS! My Kat has been a awesome bike and if people want to hate on it they are saying something about themselves, not me. Since when do I care what people think bout my bike? I love my new SS and I got it for one person... me. Now when homie the clown on his chromed out gixxer laughs at my Kat I just think to myself about the hp advantage I have on him sitting at home, as I ride casually away.

One more thing...

Justifying a Kat based off practicality is a bad argument... Anyone who thinks a SS is practical needs to rethink things. I think what SS riders hate on is the practicality, they don't know that is what they're hating on but nonetheless. Just say I am not after a race bike but a more practical everyday rider. The Kat is far more practical! It's really a comparison when you consider I payed 10x for my SS what I did my Kat.
                    Last edited by niqbales; 03-15-2011, 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                    ---
                    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

yea the tunas arnt the prettiest lookin bikes in the world but they ride and handle farly well for there weight. the people that usally have the sport bikes are idiots and it spends more time being waxed than ridin. ive allready been on rides with sum people that bragged they knew how to ride and they ride hard. well needless to say me and my brother tended to get on there *** and push them in a coner and get to the rest stop an say " what happen back there? thought you could ride?" my thumb is up for the katana calll them what you will its a bike.
                      Last edited by fox24086; 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fox24086 View Post
                        yea the tunas arnt the prettiest lookin bikes in the world but they ride and handle farly well for there weight. the people that usally have the sport bikes are idiots and it spends more time being waxed than ridin. ive allready been on rides with sum people that bragged they knew how to ride and they ride hard. well needless to say me and my brother tended to get on there *** and push them in a coner and get to the rest stop an say " what happen back there? thought you could ride?" my thumb is up for the katana calll them what you will its a bike.
                        I don't know, I think my two Katanas are darn pretty.

1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

My 2003 Katana 600 is my first bike and I've looked at all the stats and history on this line of bikes and It's truly a pioneer in it's own right and a solid reliable crossover between sport and touring. Only had it a couple of years got it for a great price gave it some TLC and people compliment me on it every time I ride! #myfirstlove #katanaboyz #babybusa

Comment

Some clown gave it that title on wikipedia so, can't it be edited?

Comment

Working...
                            X