X

Cost of gas affect how much you ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of gas affect how much you ride?

How much does the cost of gas affect how often you ride? Fortunately being on 2 wheels has it advantages in many ways obviously; including saving money at the gas pumps and these days thats no small feat!

Keeping gas in multiple vehicles including your bike can be hazardous to your wallet..but does it stop you from riding or slow you down at all ?
    Nope, I still ride the same amount if not more, than before
    0%
    Yes alittle, I do try to take less longer rides and save on gas
    0%
    Yes, I find my self not riding as much due to the prices
    0%
    Havent really thought about it
    0%

I certainly ride more and drive the car less to save gas. I can save about $110 a month commuting to work on the VFR vs. the Caprice wagon... Winter's coming though, and I won't have the option.
    '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

I ride more, but it's mostly just necessary travel, like commuting. But, I hardly ever went anywhere before the huge increase in gas prices.
      01000010 01101001 01101100 01101100 01111001 01000010 01100001 01100100 01000001 01110011 01110011

Comment

I've only had my bike since august 2nd, but since then i have only drove my car 3 times. Partially because of the awful MPG my car gets, and partially because... who wants to drive a car anyway?
        - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Comment

I gripe when it costs me 10.00 to fill up my tank on the Kat..but then I drop 35.00 to fill up the car and it gets real ugly!! and thats not even mentioning the bar car, filling that beast up can ruin your day

You know its bad when you have to be careful about riding as much cuz of gas prices!!

Comment

I dont really think about it, if I want to go somewhere in my truck I get like 13 to 14 mpg around town so unless theres a real bad rain storm Im riding. from the money side i can spend 50bucks filling my truck up..1 week and a half later it needs 50 more bucks and thats just going back and forth to work...so basically I ride more than I used to simply because its fun and a hell of a lot cheaper and I can get like 800 miles out of the kat for 50 bucks

Comment

I don't really think about it myself......EXCEPT for the other day. I actually squeezed $20 worth of gas in my tank. Can you believe it????? $20!!!!!!!!
              In all my 20+ years of riding, I have NEVER been able to put $20 in a bike. It doesn't effect my riding. I will ride where and when I want. I will cut back on other things if it effects my budget (which it doesn't) before I will cut back on riding. It is still one of my least expensive hobbies and joys in my life....even if it does cost me $20 to fill my tank.

Did I mention it cost me $20 to fill my tank? Did I mention I never paid $20 to fill a bike in my life? Did I mention it pisses me off?
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                I gripe when it costs me 10.00 to fill up my tank on the Kat..but then I drop 35.00 to fill up the car and it gets real ugly!! and thats not even mentioning the bar car, filling that beast up can ruin your day

You know its bad when you have to be careful about riding as much cuz of gas prices!!
                shit dude....i would trade places with you in a heartbeat to be able to fill my car for $35. I have a 70 liter tank on my Volvo. From empty, it would cost me $76.30 to fill my tank at $1.09/liter.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Well since my bike doesn't have insurance on it anymore, I can't take advantage of the better gas mileage. I have however stoped driving my truck and switched to my car full time because of the gas prices. Pretty much cut my gas bill in half (from about $80 a week to around $40)

Comment

Originally posted by SlipKid
                    I certainly ride more and drive the car less to save gas. (
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                      I've been commuting more to work with the bike because of the high price of gas. As a result I've been riding more in order to save gas.

The motorycyle averages 40mpg (and that's with me riding hard) versus the car at 25mpg. As a side benefit it seems the electronic toll system on the 407ETR isn't doing a good job at tracking me so I've been saving on tolls as well.

+1 really close to what I was gonna post.......
                      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My car gets better milage than my bike . But I'm pretty much a "recreational rider" anymore anyway .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I ride more because of the gas prices. That's actually why I bought the bike. I did some calculations before I got the bike and it was cheaper to buy the bike and insurance per month than it was to keep putting gas in my Durango. And that was back in March when the gas prices were $.70 cheaper.

Comment

Gas about 6,5$/gal for regular 92 oct(88 pump grade) here so YES it has a pretty huge impact on how much i ride.
                            Actually managed to spend >30$ filling up the other day and being in-between jobs atm dosn't help either
                            -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I ride mine whenever I can. If it's going to rain that day, all I worry about is GETTING to work dry. It can rain on me after work. My truck gets less than half the mpg.
                              2002 R1
                              Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

Working...
                              X